Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile app no longer allows you to change songs on home screen or out of app.

Mobile app no longer allows you to change songs on home screen or out of app.

Currently with my Samsung Galaxy S6, I can only change songs, pause, play, etc. while in app. 

I've tried to uninstall and re-install the app. 

Music DOES play in the background when the app is closed.

The app simply doesn't have a status bar in the homescreen or in the "drag-down menu".

Any help/suggestions are much appreciated. Hopefully I'm not the only one experienceing this issue. 

5 Replies

Check android settings>notifications>advanced>spotify and make sure that "allow notifications" and "previews in pop-ups" are enabled.

Sadly my app already has those settings online. Thank you though!

Hi @DSengs

If you're using a Samsung device which has been updated (or running) Android 6.x Marshmallow it appears that they have introduced an agressive power saving option which is closing Spotify or stopping it accessing data when the application is sent to the background or the screen display turned off. 

Unable to play next song is one of it's symptoms.

Let's try to disable Power Saver settings as follows: 

Settings > Battery > Power Saving Mode> In the Power Saving Mode settings disable the "Restrict background data" setting

If it's still not working after doing the above then disable Power Saving Mode entirely:

Settings > Battery > Power Saving Mode

Settings > Battery > Detail > Spotify >Turned off

Hope it helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I'm not a Spotify employee

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a solution.

If you like my post - Please add likes to it.

Sadly this didnt solve the problem either. Thanks for the response though!

Seems like this issue is affecting a lot of people (myself included), see https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-Spotify-not-showing-up-in-notificatins/td-p/1473452

Suggested posts