Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

More Recently Played

More Recently Played

This applies mostly to Android, but a little bit to the desktop as well.

How do I see more than 12 items in the Recently Played tab?

I'm coming from Google Play Music and so far I find Spotify to be incredibly limiting. The main way I would usually listen to music is to start go into my recently played and find something there to have GPM build a radio station from. GMP would keep 100 items in their Recently Played section, but Spotify only seems to have 12.

On the desktop it seems to be a bit better, it has more in there. But it doesn't seem to be consistent or even really all that updated. I'll listen to stuff on my phone and it won't show up in my recently played on my desktop. Or sometimes I'll listen to stuff on my desktop and it won't even add it to my recently played!!

It's really frustrating. And if I'm being honest, unless I find a way to sort this out, I'll probably start looking for a different music service. 

2 Replies

Hello,
I don't think you can see more than 30 (Laptop) and 16 (mobile device) Tracks in your recently played but, you can use Last.fm for your recent played because they track your recent played with a lot more detail. Spotify doesn't show your recent played if you listen a playlist through and you listen to Autoplay ( Spotify Autoplay's similar songs when your music ends). You can turn it off in Settings > Playback > Scroll down to Autoplay ( On a mobile device), Settings > Scroll down to the end till you see Autoplay at the end ( On a Laptop), maybe it can help with your recent played being more detailed.

Hope I could help you with your problem 🙂

Hey there @Eric129,

Just jumping in here to add some extra info to what @Heythatsme suggested.

You can post an idea about expanding the Recently Played section on our Idea Exchange. This Spotify Answer explains how to do this. 

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

We'll inform on any developments there, if there are any. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts