Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple Bugs

Multiple Bugs

Xperia Z1, all software (Android and Spotify) at latest version.

Sometimes, the widget won't show on the lockscreen - I've no option to add an actual spotify widget, there isn't one in the list. Later, it'll just turn up again. No idea what changes its mind. Having googled, I don't have Smartkey installed and have never had it installed

Occasional spontaneous complete-loss of the play/pause bar in the app - no way to stop music playing other than to shut the whole app down

Regular loss-of-place in playlist. You can be winging through some hundred-track playlist, come back to it later and it's lost where you were. No option to just hit play and hope it'll work it out, as the Play/current button is also missing.

Playing music through bluetooth, a facebook notification ping will come out on the phone speaker, taking the music and playing it through the phone for a second while that happens. Not the end of the world, but then when it switches back to the BT audio, there's no sound (tho the track is still playing)! Have to pause and unpause the track again for music to resume. Resolved this by disabling facebook notifications, but it's a bit of a hack..

Spontaneous messages that the track/album has been removed, when it hasn't.

I've had most of these bugs for months. Not very impressive...

1 Reply

I've had some of the bugs mentioned above aswell, and a few additional ones. For example sometimes the playback "skips" almost as if I was listening to a CD full of scratches, and then when it reaches the end of a song, it sometimes takes FOREVER to load up the next one, this happens even if I have it set to repeat the same song over and over. And usually, the only way to get it playing again is by shutting down the app, wait a minute or two, then restart and start allover again with play queue and everything out the window!

This is REALLY annoying since I like to use Spotify to listen to music in my car (phone connected by AUX-cable)!

PLEASE FIX IT WITH A NEW, BUG-LESS UPDATE!!!!

Right now there is only ONE thing keeping me from switching to annother service, and that is the fact that I have such a HUGE library on Spotify that would take ages to rebuild somwhere else!

I've got a Sony Xperia V running Android 4.3 with a 32 GB external SD-card where I have all my offline playlists saved.

Suggested posts