Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple artist radio

Solved!

Multiple artist radio

Is there a way to base and play a radio station from multiple genres or artists? I enjoy music from artists ranging from Godsmack, Shinedown, Kid Rock, Jamey Johnson, ZZ Top, Tesla...and i would like to listen to a radio station that plays all of these artists on one station. I can't find that on terestial radio or satellite radio. I was hoping that steaming music would be the answer. Any advice?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

HI!

Yes! You can do it! Just make a playlist that is related to them and contains their songs than start the playlists's radio! Pick the songs that you loved then put it there. Spotify will surely give the best song curation to you.

Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

HI!

Yes! You can do it! Just make a playlist that is related to them and contains their songs than start the playlists's radio! Pick the songs that you loved then put it there. Spotify will surely give the best song curation to you.

Hope this helps 🙂

This isn't necessarily a solution.  This would be assuming that the radio algorithm doesn't take into account the actual song, but rather the artist of the song.

Regardless, it would be a nice "concierge-esque" experience for users to be able to start a playlist by picking multiple artists.  

This is not an answer at all.  This is just telling the person to create their own Playlist.  A Playlist is not the same thing as Radio.

The answer suggests starting a radio station based on a playlist - read it again. See how to create a playlist-based radio station here,

This is a workaround, not an answer.  The OP asked how to create a radio station based on multiple artists, as is normal with Pandora.  The answer was to create a playlist using songs from multiple artists and then create a playlist radio station based on that.

At best, it's an additional step.  Probably, that radio station would artificially choose based on the particular song choices and not on the artists as a whole, unless you created a really big playlist with a very broad song selection.

Net, Spotify - it would be nice if you let us create radio stations with more than one seed.

I don't disagree with you @WJGreer but I was replying to dasrot who seemed to miss the point. Yes this is a workaround and if you think seeding radio with multiple artists is a must-have, please post something in the ideas section so that Spotify can see there's a need for this feature. 

@Joe : Perhaps I am missing something then because this does not work out for me.  I have a playlist with maybe 20 songs in it, all from different artists, and when I start a radio station based on the playlist it gives me poor results.  It will always play the exact same songs almost in the same order and also disregards the majority of the artists/songs in the playlist.  Not only that, every 5 songs is from the exact same artist that I have never thumbed up (to my knowledge) and who does not exist in my playlist.  This option does not work for me.

I have the same issue. I'll create a very diverse playlist, then try to start the playlist radio... but the resulting radio mix is just from a very few of the artists in the playlist... most of them are completely ignored, and the playlist is not very diverse at all. It's super lame.

I really miss this feature from when I had Slacker Radio. It has a great way to create diverse stations based on multiple artists, and you can even adjust whether the station contains popular hit songs, or is more obscure. Unfortunately, Slacker sucks in other ways.

So the ability to add artists to say, Halestorm Radio for example like in Pandora is still a no? I won't be here but Pandora is dead or in a coma has after upgrading to a 60 day trial or Pandora Premium I cant log in at all.

That is a very weak "solution". Until Spotify figures out this seemingly easy problem I'll just go with Pandora.

Suggested posts