Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music Not Playing in Offline Mode After Downloading.

Solved!

Music Not Playing in Offline Mode After Downloading.

I have recently paid for spotify premium, mainly because I wanted to be able to download and listen to songs offline. The problem Is that it doesn't work at all. I can download the songs, have them playback when in online mode, but when switching to offline mode they stop playing back instantly. I have checked my device to find that I have 7gb of space left on my phone, with an adittional 70gbs left of space on my SD card. The downloaded songs have the small green download symbol as well, which is confusing because this shows they have downloaded; yet it still does not play songs offline. Ive tried redownloading spotify a total of 4 times now, to no avail. All of the help tabs on the spotify website have also been no help as I follow their tips and still have no music playback in offline mode after downloading the music I want. Help would be greatly appreciated, as I will cancel my subscription if I cannot get this feature to work as it is the whole reason why I paid for it in the first place.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Whatever who really reads all that **bleep**. I was just speaking my feelings. I don't NEED spotify I already have over 400 songs in my library on my phone that I have downloaded from various sites like limewire over the years. So I guess I'll go back to finding music or buying Cd's and transferring from my laptop to my phone.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@chubbyconx your post is about local files not downloading to android which is not what this thread is about. Head over to this relevant thread and check out the solutions posted there.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Any fixes, anyone?

Mine works fine, my question is I've been paying for many months and have a huge library of songs that I listen to offline because I'm a disabled veteran and don't have unlimited data with my carrier. My question is if I cancel premium will i loose all the songs I already paid for?? I've paid over $150 for this music and if I will no longer have access offline then I basically wasted $150 to rent music !!!!

You will lose access to any downloaded spotify content when you cancel your subscription. 

Which is actually **bleep**, another words your renting music !!! I guess it's
time to start down loading music from online directly to my phone. That's
just plain crazy to pay $10 a month to download songs but you loose
everything as soon as you cancel their subscription. Here I was paying
every month thinking I was building a nice collection of all my country
music only to find out I'm stuck paying $120 a year, like opening my window
and throwing my money out of it. For $120 I can buy a lot of CD'S

It's clearly stated in the terms & conditions that "The Spotify software applications and the Content are licensed, not sold, to you". This is actually pretty reasonable as, otherwise, everyone would be able to download 10,000 tunes to their devices for the cost of one month's subscription. In fact there wouldn't be a cost if they took a free trial.

Spotify is a music streaming service and doesn't sell music.

Marked as solution

Whatever who really reads all that **bleep**. I was just speaking my feelings. I don't NEED spotify I already have over 400 songs in my library on my phone that I have downloaded from various sites like limewire over the years. So I guess I'll go back to finding music or buying Cd's and transferring from my laptop to my phone.

I have the same problem on a Samsung S7. Just started happening in the last two weeks. I have done an update on the app, and re-downloaded my playlists again, but they won't play in offline mode.

Can anyone answer this specif question without posing another question?

I might have a similar problem too. (My phone is Samsung S6). My Spotify actually worked fine until few days ago I added one song from 'Local Files' through my laptop, but it just wouldn't played in my android. The song kept listed as not downloaded though I could play it okay on my laptop. Then I tried to re-download the playlist and now all the songs from the 'Local Files' cannot be played...Spotify said they are not available though they all work okay on my laptop. I tried to re-install Spotify but no result.

Anyone might know how to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Marked as solution

@chubbyconx your post is about local files not downloading to android which is not what this thread is about. Head over to this relevant thread and check out the solutions posted there.

Ahh...thank you so much. Sorry I did not know. 🙂

Suggested posts