Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music/PodCasts stop soon after my screen blacks

Music/PodCasts stop soon after my screen blacks

of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Shortly after my screen fades to black the music stopps. And as soon as I activate the locking screen again it starts again. 

Used Media is downloaded, so it shouldn't be a internet problem.

I cleared the cache, reinstalled, logged out... nothing helped. 

Never had problems with Huawei Shot X or Galaxy S7 Edge.

Even not in the beginning now with the S10.

Problem started happening about 3 weeks ago and only appears when on headphones. (On over music streams everything is fine with my headphones so those arent the problem ever).

Thanks for any advice!

3 Replies

Same issue here, US premium user on Android Galaxy S10e. When I push the power button to turn off the screen Spotify pauses, and starts playing again as soon as I wake up the phone. Doesn't always happen, but seems to happen more often when I'm listening with headphones. I've already made sure I have the latest Android and Spotify versions, and I have also disabled "put apps to sleep" in my battery settings. Please help, this is extremely frustrating!!

Needs to be verified: seems to not happen if my phone is plugged in and charging, so very possibly a battery/power issue (even though I have set my phone to not put apps to sleep.) Perhaps some hidden setting in either Android or Spotify?

Hey @ahotchkiss,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Please follow the steps in this post in the exact same order as given there and let us know if anything changes.

We're here for you 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts