Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music 'Popping/Crackle' Issue

Solved!

Music 'Popping/Crackle' Issue

I have Spotify installed on my LG Nexus 4. On my downloaded playlists - some of the songs 'pop' or 'crackle' while being played. I have noticed this more and more with my downloaded Spotify songs. Is no one else experiencing this? How do I stop it? I have reinstalled the app numerous times over and restored the phone to factory settings. Please help :S

29 Replies

I contacted Spotify through twitter because I had the popping as well as the skipping when playing through my car audio deck and headphones at work. You will need to clear your offline devices here:
https://www.spotify.com/us/account/offline-devices/

Next you will need to uninstall the Spotify app, then clear your cache from the phone with a separate app (some phones have a built-in cleaner).

Once that is done, you reinstall the Spotify app and re-download your music

I was told by Spotify that there were duplicate offline devices that are listed in which would cause the issues as the app grabs information. Once I did everything above, the issues went away. Hope this helps.

Thank you, but it's still just as bad if not worse having tried that? 😞
It's only on my phone though, my tablet and computer are fine which is odd.
It's definitely not the headphone jack itself because google play music is
fine though.

Not sure if you still need help lol but I found a fix, going into your equalizer setting and turn on UHQ but first set your equalizer to normal. After if its fixed you can turn it back off.

I ended up getting a new phone anyway haha.. thank you very much though,
I'm sure my sister would appreciate it as she's got it now!

Same problem happen to my samsung note 4, the solution i tried but not work at all. The problem only happen when i use mobile data to stream the music.

2017 and having this issue.

Turn all streaming options to "extreme quality".

the problem is the cpu power throttling 😉

get root access and disable mpdecision and the problem is solved.

Hey, 

I dealt with this problem for a few months, trying everything from; flashing new ROMs even tried stock to try and fix it, until I only just fixed it. I am running Lineage OS 14.1 20180419 Nightly on a SM-G935F (Samsung S7 Edge 32GB), I'm running android 7.1 rooted. I fixed the problem using Magisk manager and flashing the audio compatibility patch which can be found inside the download tab. 

Just thought I'd reference it for anyone having a simillar problem to me using a custom ROM.

Thanks,

Jack

Having this problem in 2018 - tried everything listed here (except the root access stuff that's beyond me) and turning off the equalizer WORKED. (Fingers crossed, anyhow, that it doesn't come back). Overjoyed. Thanks to whoever it was who suggested disabling it and I hope this helps someone else beat this incredibly annoying problem!

Suggested posts