Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music Pausing Randomly

Music Pausing Randomly

I have premium and all my songs downloaded, but my songs will just randomly pause every few seconds. I'm able to unpause them immediately but it's very annoying.
38 Replies

YES! I reinstalled the app, no bueno. I have premium but no downloads. I noticed it’s whenever any other app uses sound, or Could use sound. A notification will cut it off, entering instagram or the clock app or passing a video on twitter; like OP said it’s random and hard to pin down but I think the sound-takeover is the most likely thing i’ve noticed. I also had to take my phone off vibrate this morning to make the music even start playing. So spotify is using ringer volume now? Which could explain why a notification will cut off music. i’m on latest ios 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community and sorry for the late response, as I just come across this thread. 

Not really sure if both your issues are connected, so I'd give you individual advises 🙂 Hope they can help.

The original user here might need to switch to Listen offline mode first, to instruct the app that it's supposed to use the cached info. If this doesn't help then it could mean that the cached info is corrupted or it was simply not saved completely when downloading. To remedy for that I suggest to try a clean reinstall of the app, as this is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the new installation. Keep in mind that this will also wipe out the cached info about the offline playlists, so they'd need to be downloaded a new after the reinstallation. 

As for @venicebeach6 , this behavior could be due to how your device's notifications options are set in the iOS on board. I've found something similar in the Apple Community here, that could possibly be of help. If this doesn't help, then I can suggest you to also try a clean reinstall (steps linked above). See if any of these two make a difference for you.

Hope something here helps and does the trick for you both - reach out if you need more help!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My premium Spotify keeps stopping after a couple of minutes play.

• Plan
  • Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I'm also facing the same problem, pauses every 20 seconds and only once the play works to play the music again. I am forced to turn off Bluetooth again. This is super frustrating. I don't face this issue on other platforms. Tried to clear cache and clearing the storage as well. Nothing worked 

Hi @Sabaribalagopal,

Thanks for reaching out. What devices does this happen on? Does it happen regardless of what Bluetooth output is selected?

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator

mine started doing this starting today, I've tried doing the other things that was suggested to do and nothing is working. Is there anyway to fix? It's happening both on my computer and mobile device.

Same

Using Bluetooth or speakers, music will pause randomly every 2 seconds. I've signed out everywhere, I've cleared cache, I've reinstalled the app, tried data or wifi, have Spotify all the data and permissions it could need and I still have it pause every 20 secs. Horrible experience at gym with this problem just started happening today 

Hey folks!

Such behaviour could be caused by your third party apps.
There was a similar issue not so long ago where we found out the culprit was actually the Discord app.

To check this, visit this page and start removing the apps one by one.
No worries, as those apps can easily be re-added at a later point. 
Tip: What I would do is write down the list of apps I currently have (or take a screenshot) and then I would start removing them 🙂

Hope this helps! Keep us posted on how things go.

@Falsepeak @Yeevviva @anoobylonzo 

VasilModerator

This is still happening as of 11.28.23 

I'm having the same issue when playing from my laptop. It keeps pausing every 5 seconds. I've removed access from all third party apps and nothing has changed. 

Hey folks,

For anyone still experiencing this, please let us know the following (if you haven't already):

• Your device model, OS version and Spotify version.
  • The type of connection this happens with (wired/Bluetooth/Spotify Connect).
  • If you've noticed a pattern in this behavior - what are the steps to reliably reproduce it?

It would also be helpful if you can check whether this happens with a different account and/or internet connection.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

This is happening to my phone. iPhone 12 mini, iOS 17.1.1, Spotify version 8.8.92.666. Occurs with Bluetooth connection to my AirPods. 

its constant and irritating

Google Pixel 7 Pro
version 8.8.92.700
Bluetooth headphones and also just playing through the phone speaker
Happens when I am in the office as well as when at home.
Clear all other apps and it happens still, will happen more then one time
while playing 1 song

Hello,

Same problem with Google pixel 6 pro/android 14/Spotify 8.8.90.893/wired earphones.

Happens randomly, sometimes when switching from app to app (although Spotify is always authorised in the back) and sometimes doing nothing. 

Very annoying...

Thx

And no external app allowed for the sake of clarity 

He folks,

Thanks for your replies.

Have you tested this with both music tracks and podcast episodes? Does the type of content make any difference? Also, please let us know what happens when you use a different internet connection or account.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

This is happening to me too, on a new Pixel 8. Didn't happen on previous galaxy s22. 

Suggested posts