Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music doesn't come through headphones, even though other sounds do

Music doesn't come through headphones, even though other sounds do

I have a Samsung Galaxy express, and for some reason the audio from the Spotify app doesn't always output to the attached earphones. All other audios (telephone, e-mail notifications, radio apps etc) always work through the headphones, but for some reason I have to restart the telephone a couple of times per day in order to get the spotify music output correct.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

6 Replies

This seems really strange since playing through earphones is a phone feature - I can't imagine how an app can mess with this. Are you saying that the music plays through the speakers with wired phones plugged in or are you using bluetooth earphones?

Yup, using the wired earphones that come with the phone. Have tried unplugging and replugging when spotify starts bugging. All other audio works perfect through the earphones, but not Spotify. Only solution i've come up with is restarting the phone.

Have also tried un- and reinstalling the app without any effect.

Ya I'm having the same problem with my wireless Bluetooth speakers all other radio apps work with it except specify

@BRNDRG wrote:
Ya I'm having the same problem with my wireless Bluetooth speakers all other radio apps work with it except specify

Hey there! Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Are you using an android device? If so, go here.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Me too. Worked before but since updates it doesn't and there is no setting availabe

Having the same issue. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (exynos version) (SM-N910C) running CyanogenMod 14.1. If it is relevent, I also have the latest version of Viper4Android FX ("2.5.0.5 (FX), Codename Beautiful"), which is an audio equalizer. I noticed I was running an older version of Spotify so I tried updating to the latest version (at the time of writing, that is "8.4.21.508 armV7"), to no avail. The only thing that solved my problem was plugging in the audio jack and rebooting. I wish this would be fixed because I'd rather not reboot my phone every time I wish to use my speakers.

Suggested posts