Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• liampronan
  • Casual Listener
  • 112 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 112 replies
  • 18 likes

"Getting started with Android SDK" tutorial not compatible with Android Studio Iguana

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePexel 8 Pro API 34Operating SystemAndroid 14.0 "UpsideDownCake" My Question or IssueI'm trying to install the Android SDK on Android Studio Iguana, but the tutorial given seems to be outdated, and the instructions are no lo...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Pexel 8 Pro API 34 Operating System Android 14.0 "UpsideDownCake"   My Question or Issue I'm trying to install the Android SDK on Android Studio Iguana,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Question
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. ...
  • liampronan
  • Casual Listener
  • 112 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 112 replies
  • 18 likes

set_volume in node red

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI use a node red dashboard for controlling my spotify mucic. Everything works fine except the...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I use a...
  • lasmenes
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • set_volume
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Web API Search endpoint returns `null` items in some cases

For example this search query https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?query=artist%3A%22Coi+Leray%22+track%3A%22Do+Better%22&type=track&market=DE The response returns a tracklist containing only `null` items.Full response: { "tracks": { "href": "https://ap...

• Visitor
  • For example this search query https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?query=artist%3A%22Coi+Leray%22+track%3A%22Do+Better%22&type=track&market=DE   The response returns a tracklist containin...
  • brandonwll
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes

Upload Daily Podcast directly from datacenter

Hello!We like to upload, refresh and delete Podcast Episodes directly from our datacenter withou using the Webportal. Is it possible?Requirements on Spotify Side:- Server accepting Upload with ftp, sftp, sco, ssh, rsync ...- Authetification Key based...

• Visitor
  • ..... - via API ?   Why? We have a running daily podcast system with episodes for Radio Broadcast. The public distribution is planned after the daily radio air time exclusive - relating on d...
  • p1gp3n
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Upload API
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

cant able to recive 6month spotify coupen

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI bought an 6Month coupen on flikart 12 marchthey marked that order as delivered but i havent...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Feature Request
    Possible Bug
    Question
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Non-interactive webcasting service" - what does this cover?

The Spotify API documentation says the following is prohibited: "Do not create any product or service which includes any non-interactive internet webcasting service. For example, you can’t create an application which plays content from a single sourc...

• Visitor
  • ...or 1 hour), starting and ending at an exact time - Music will be played to all users who've signed up and logged into my app (not available to entire public)   Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    Developer
    Question
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Guess song app

Hi. If I want to build guess song app, where the app will play different songs at certain duration and users will guess the title, is it possible using the Spotify API?

• Hi. If I want to build guess song app, where the app will play different songs at certain duration and users will guess the title, is it possible using the Spotify API?
  • Quentin14
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Question
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

What are the OSC commands for controlling Spotify playback, volume etc?

I have an app that is capable of sending OSC commands to other apps and want to use it to play, pause, fade in/out Spotify. I'm looking for a list of commands that I can use for the above. Thanks

• Visitor
  • I have an app that is capable of sending OSC commands to other apps and want to use it to play, pause, fade in/out Spotify. I'm looking for a list of commands that I can use for the above. Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't seek position of next track with the SKD player (autoplay)

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceMac mini 2023Operating SystemMacOS 14.2.1 My Question or IssueHello, I'm creating an application using the Spotify SDK, but I've been facing an issue: When the track comes to the end and the next one starts, I can't cont...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Mac mini 2023 Operating System MacOS 14.2.1   My Question or Issue Hello, I'm creating an application using the Spotify SDK, but I've been facing an ...
  • arteest
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Incomplete Artist Information when fetching songs

Incomplete Artist Information when fetching songs DescriptionThe API is providing incomplete artist information for some entries. Specifically, there are missing fields compared to the expected data structure. Steps to ReproduceQuery the Spotify API ...

• Music Fan
  • Incomplete Artist Information when fetching songs   Description The API is providing incomplete artist information for some entries. Specifically, there are missing fields compared to the exp...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • API Bug
    API response
    bug
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Too Many Requests (429 Error) - blocked for 13 hours

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUnited StatesDeviceMacbook Pro M1 2020Operating SystemMacOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueI am running a Python script I wrote that uses the spotipy library to make Web API requests. My script will make a single request to searc...

• Plan Premium Family Country United States Device Macbook Pro M1 2020 Operating System MacOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue I am running a Python script I wrote that uses the spotipy lib...
  • teed_breezy
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
    api
    webapi
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Getting severe 429 Errors (Too Many Requests Error)

I'm the developer of Lyricify, which is an app for displaying scrolling lyrics for Spotify on Windows and Android. It highly relies on Get Playback State, it send the request frequently with an interval around 5-10s. And these days, 429 Rate Limit is...

• Music Fan
  • I'm the developer of Lyricify, which is an app for displaying scrolling lyrics for Spotify on Windows and Android. It highly relies on Get Playback State, it send the request frequently with an ...
  • KlaudiaJ03
  • Visitor
  • 28 replies
  • 47 likes
    API Bug
  • 28 replies
  • 47 likes

Get Artist's Albums API not returning all results for certain pages

The end point Get Artist's Albums https://api.spotify.com/v1/artists/{id}/albums when ID is 0blbVefuxOGltDBa00dspv and include_groups is album,single,compilation, returns a total of 85 albums. On the first page, it properly lists the default limit of...

• Casual Listener
  • The end point Get Artist's Albums https://api.spotify.com/v1/artists/{id}/albums when ID is 0blbVefuxOGltDBa00dspv and include_groups is album,single,compilation, returns a total of 85 albums. On the...
  • ackmanx
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Possible Bug
    Question
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Removing card from account

I gave my brother my card to pay for his Spotify account when he had no money and now I want it to be removed. I don’t have permission for his account so I can’t remove it. What can I do?

• Visitor
  • I gave my brother my card to pay for his Spotify account when he had no money and now I want it to be removed. I don’t have permission for his account so I can’t remove it. What can I do?
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Credit card payment
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album search bug or syntax problem

I'm trying to get a list of new releases of specific genres. When I filter only for "tag:new" I get results:https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=tag:new&type=album But as soon as I add one genre I get zero results:https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=t...

• I'm trying to get a list of new releases of specific genres. When I filter only for "tag:new" I get results: https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=tag:new&type=album   But as soon as I add ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant edit my playlist, error: Unable to modify playlist - Reached maximum change count

PlanPremiumDeviceany deviceOperating Systemany operating systemPlaylist ID18cUFeM5Q75ViwevsMQM1j I can't update my playlists, when using app (desktop or mobile) nothing happend when im removing song or trying to edit playlist name, and when I'm tryin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device any device Operating System any operating system Playlist ID 18cUFeM5Q75ViwevsMQM1j   I can't update my playlists, when using app (desktop or mobile) nothing happend...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • "playlist"
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How delete one or more elements from playlist?

If you use the API https://api.spotify.com/v1/playlists/{playlist_id}/tracks it removes ALL TRACKS from the playlist that match the given URI.But how can I delete one track? Or a certain number of tracks with such a URI?

• Music Fan
  • If you use the API https://api.spotify.com/v1/playlists/{playlist_id}/tracks it removes ALL TRACKS from the playlist that match the given URI. But how can I delete one track? Or a certain number of ...
  • balage4
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Artist that decide to reward users

Hello, Can we have an app that don't show any earnings aspect but sometimes artists can decide to reward top users. Thank you

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,    Can we have an app that don't show any earnings aspect but sometimes artists can decide to reward top users.   Thank you
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • artist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes