Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• pkrds
  • Regular
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes

auth fails with my internal test.

hey guys, currently im developing an application and i have problems with spotify auth. In debugging mode, everything runs perfectly but during my test the response error is AUTHENTICATION_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE. its my first app. I hope you can help me...

• Visitor
  • hey guys, currently im developing an application and i have problems with spotify auth. In debugging mode, everything runs perfectly but during my test the response error is AUTHENTICATION_SERVIC...
  • Hicks_lv426
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Time for an update on API Approval times?

Hey everyone, I thought I'd share a bit of our journey in trying to integrate Spotify into our social music platform. Like many of you here, we've been navigating the mysterious seas of the Spotify API approval process. We get it, the approval team's...

• Music Fan
  • Hey everyone,   I thought I'd share a bit of our journey in trying to integrate Spotify into our social music platform. Like many of you here, we've been navigating the mysterious seas of the ...
  • JammNatio
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Discussion
    Question
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Commercial API approval waiting time

We are trying to launch a service using the API and submitted our request for the commercial API about a week ago. I haven't had any confirmation this was received or indication of when we'd get a reply. Not complaining as such, would just like a bit...

• Casual Listener
  • We are trying to launch a service using the API and submitted our request for the commercial API about a week ago.  I haven't had any confirmation this was received or indication of when we'd...
  • KevinVassMusotic
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes

problem with token Unauthorized

i request my token with my client id and client secret i can get the token but if i want to use this token to do anyhting else i cant use it for example im trying to get current user's id https://api.spotify.com/v1/me but documentations says that you...

• i request my token with my client id and client secret i can get the token but if i want to use this token to do anyhting else i cant use it for example im trying to get current user's id https://api...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify API-related question

PlanPremiumCountryRepublic of KoreaDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHello, we are students working on sw project using spotify api. I would like to as...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Republic of Korea Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue H...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Question
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with Error 403 while getting top tracks

const clientId = "..."; const params = new URLSearchParams(window.location.search); const code = params.get("code"); if (!code) { redirectToAuthCodeFlow(clientId); } else { const accessToken = await getAccessToken(clientId, code); const profile = awa...

• Casual Listener
  •     const clientId = "..."; const params = new URLSearchParams(window.location.search); const code = params.get("code"); if (!code) { redirectToAuthCodeFlow(clientId); } else { c...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 403 error
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Where is the official contact for developers for commercial use?

This SDK must not be used in commercial projects without Spotify’s prior written approval. https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-playback-sdk/I asked the public contact for contact information, but they just directed me to https://developer...

•   This SDK must not be used in commercial projects without Spotify’s prior written approval.  https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-playback-sdk/ I asked the public c...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Commercial
    Developer
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes

How to play a specified spotify album through the mediasession framework

PlanFreeCountry Device/Operating SystemAAOS Android 12 My Question or IssueThank you very much for your support and look forward to your reply.Environment: AAOS Android 12,Spotify version 4.4.1Description:I built a mediaApp on AAOS, plugged into Spot...

• Casual Listener
  • ...y interface call. public void playFromSearchAlbum(String album, String artist, String genre) { Bundle extras = new Bundle(); extras.putString(MediaStore.EXTRA_MEDIA_FOCUS, MediaStore.Audio.Albums...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to get sonos devices in discover device API

Hi there I recently started using the Spotify Web API. I want to play music on my Sonos. But it seems like Spotify connect devices are not listed under /me/player/devicesThis endpoint does not show my Sonos as a device https://developer.spotify.com/d...

• Hi there   I recently started using the Spotify Web API. I want to play music on my Sonos.  But it seems like Spotify connect devices are not listed under /me/player/devices This endp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify Connect Devices WEB API
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

AppleScript currentPosition is delayed if user plays autoplay/automix/recommended songs

PlanPremiumCountryIndia DeviceM1 MacBook AirOperating SystemmacOS Sonoma. My Question or IssuePreviously I reported an issue where the currentPosition returned by Spotify's AppleSript api is delayed by the number of seconds the user has set crossfade...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country India  Device M1 MacBook Air Operating System macOS Sonoma.   My Question or Issue Previously I reported an issue where the currentPosition returned by Spotif...
  • aviwad2
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • applescript
    bug
    macOS
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Set up for the percentage of unlinked songs

Hi guys, There is a feature that we definitely need. Sometimes I want to listen to new music so I start the customized set ups or radios to certain songs. The problem? They are filled with songs I liked, so in the end I am still listening to the same...

• Visitor
  • Hi guys,   There is a feature that we definitely need. Sometimes I want to listen to new music so I start the customized set ups or radios to certain songs.    The problem? They ar...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Feature Request
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Tap

How is Spotify Tap integrated into gadgets? Is Spotify still growing their base of partners who can use this?

• Visitor
  • How is Spotify Tap integrated into gadgets? Is Spotify still growing their base of partners who can use this?  
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
    Tap
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Commercial use

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHi, I have a legal question and Spotify support told me to ask here. I am trying to find info...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hi, I have a...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Question
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Remote controlling from a game

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)Windows 10 My Question or IssueI am trying to understand what is allowed with games. Your information suggests that syncing with visual content is not ok. And I have seen examples like rhythm games etc. or games...

• (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) Windows 10  My Question or Issue I am trying to understand what is allowed with games.  Your information suggests that syncing with visu...
  • RicardoEdwin
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Games
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

recieve the updates on song without API polling

I want to integrate spotify with my app.After login and retrieving the tokens, I want to take some actions on my application on the basis of currently playing song.How can I get the currently playing track details without polling the API

• I want to integrate spotify with my app. After login and retrieving the tokens, I want to take some actions on my application on the basis of currently playing song. How can I get the currently pla...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Search API issue

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueHow do i retrieve the id for a specific track using Search API as there are multiple track names with the same name ? For example , I am trying to search and retrieve t...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country India Device Laptop Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue How do i retrieve the id for a specific track using Search API as there are multiple track n...
  • BuggerMe
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • "search"
    Search API
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Max retries reached, too many 429 error responses on 'audio_features' endpoint only

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippines My Question or IssueMy first app worked earlier. But after one loop through a 700-song playlist, it started giving me an Error 429. Normally this would be fine, but there's also no 'Retry-After' in the HTTPS response hea...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Philippines   My Question or Issue My first app worked earlier. But after one loop through a 700-song playlist, it started giving me an Error 429. Normally this would ...
  • BuggerMe
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Getting error 429 when using audio_features (even for a single track)

track_features = sp.audio_features(["3GYlZ7tbxLOxe6ewMNVTkw"])This is my code and this is the error I'm gettingMax Retries reachedurllib3.exceptions.ResponseError: too many 429 error responsesThe above exception was the direct cause of the following ...

• Casual Listener
  •   track_features = sp.audio_features(["3GYlZ7tbxLOxe6ewMNVTkw"]) This is my code and this is the error I'm getting Max Retries reached urllib3.exceptions.ResponseError: too many 429 error r...
  • dmwatibo
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Feature Request
    Possible Bug
    Question
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

The playlist creation endpoint is frequently returning "502 Error while loading resource"

The playlist creation endpoint (docs) is frequently returning HTTP error code 502 and a response body that looks like: {"error": {"status": 502, "message": "Error while loading resource" } } This has completely broken the app that I develop, and is t...

• Regular
  • The playlist creation endpoint (docs) is frequently returning HTTP error code 502 and a response body that looks like:   {"error": {"status": 502, "message": "Error while loading resource" } }...
  • nathancoleman
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes