Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music is cutting during every song

Music is cutting during every song

Hi Community, I am finding that playback stops on every song, sometimes multiple times through the song. I am listening on my Samsung s9 and I have to unlock the phone and the song continues. It is extremely frustrating. I have seen similar threads and have tried signing out of everywhere but the issue continues to happen. Does anyone have any ideas about this as we have a premium family account and all of us have a Samsung device and it is happening to all of us. Love spotify and don't want to have to change providers but it is infuriating having to constantly unlock my phone! I hope someone is able to help. Thanks

3 Replies

Hey @Neilbyrne87 thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community

I would actually recommend doing a clean reinstall on your device. It might also be beneficial if you can restart your device, although it sounds simple, it can help from time to time.

Finally, if none of those work try clearing your cache and data by following these steps:

Step 1: Head to the Settings menu.
Step 2: Find Apps (or Applications, depending on your device) in the menu, then locate the app that you want to clear the cache or data for.
Step 3: Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache and app data will become available.

Here is a video to help with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PeUOLLk0s

Let me know how it goes,

Jack 🙂

In fact, we have to ascertain if you have downloaded the song or you are streaming?

If you are streaming, are you on a stable internet connection?

Hey there @Neilbyrne87,

Thanks for sharing with us your issue. We're happy to hear you love Spotify and want to help you continue enjoying it!  

If you've tried the clean reinstall and the other suggestions but still need help, please go to this Ongoing Issue, click +VOTE and subscribe to get further info on the topic.

We're here for you 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts