Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music is playing but Spotify is not recognizing it

Music is playing but Spotify is not recognizing it

Device

Google Pixel 4a

Operating System

Android

I've had a problem these past days where suddenly when I choose a song to play on Spotify, it doesn't appear in my notifications as it usually does, and what is supposed to be the current song that is playing is incorrect. Aperçu de l’image

For example, in the screenshot, it says one song is on pause, and not playing, but I was listening to a completely different song, and it was not on pause. Plus, the song that was playing was not showing up where it usually does in my notification. Aperçu de l’image

It usually doesn't even change if I close the app completely; I need to restart my device completely. 

9 Replies

This is happening to me as well, same exact symptoms.

If it helps at all, I'm using a Galaxy Note 10.

Elithiah

Exactly the same for me, and not only that. After playing around 10 minutes, the music stops by itself too. This only started a few days ago but is extremely annoying.

Hello! I've got the same problem, looks like its bug that started after last update of Spotify and all we have now it's wait.. 

Despite of I don't even remember last time when I was listening to this song that freezed, look at timer

IMG_20201007_092316.jpg

Yes, the thing where the music just randomly stops is happening to me as
well.

Elithiah

Same issue here

I have the same problem! It first appeared on my Galaxy A5 but now i switched to a Galaxy 10 but the same problem still exists... 

This is also happening on my wife's S8+.

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We are aware of this issue and our team is currently looking into it. Head over to this Ongoing Issue thread and add the requested information as a comment. Don't forget to +Vote and subscribe to the thread in order to stay up to date with any developments.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts