Country

Argentina

Device

Xiaomi Mi A3 (EU version)

Operating System

Android 10 

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to play music but it keeps pausing as soon as I press play, allowing less than a second of reproduction. 

4 Replies

Hey, I am really sorry to hear that. I'm here to help. This problem might either be because your Spotify is not updated or it's a bug which Spotify is working on fixing and will fix sooner or later. Spotify is continuously working on updating its applications and provide bug-fixes to all updates on all platforms across the globe. I've been through the same issue before, but it got fixed in the later updates. I'm sure yours will too.

I am putting a hyperlink  here which includes some steps you could use to fix this problem. If the problem still persists, you're gonna have to wait for the next update.

Troubleshooting  

Do let me know if there is anything else you'd like my help with. Thanks and cheers!

Have a good day!

Thanks for your answer. I've got the last updated version of the app. In fact this issue started with the last update (which i got 3 days ago), so it must be a bug. I hope you guys can fix it quickly. Thanks again!

One last thing you could do is re-roll all previous updates and go back to the version when it had first got installed on your phone. Then you could wait for the new updates to fix this issue. A problem with this is, that although you will have all your playlists and liked songs, but you will have to download them again. Follow these steps - 

1. Uninstall Spotify. 
  2. Enable "Unknown Sources" in your Security settings
  3. Search on the internet for an older version of Spotify (it needs to be a apk file)
  4. Install the downloaded version
  5. Open the Google Play store
  6. Go to the "My Apps" section
  7. Click on Spotify
  8. Click on the "3-dot" menu at the top right hand corner
  9. Disable "Auto Update"

This could work, It's worth a shot. 

Thanks!

thanks. I prefer waiting for the next update.

Suggested posts