Premium

Country

France

Device

OnePlus 6

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Since the new UI for albums, artists and playlists appeared a few days ago, the Music menu is supper laggy.

For example, when I select an album it takes 3 seconds to display the tracklist. It's the same for artists or playlists but not as slow (maybe half the time).

Before the new UI it was not so long. I can understand for albums not downloaded because it has to download infos via the mobile connection but for the ones I've downloaded it's not normal.

Does anyone has the same issue?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I already "clean" uninstalled the app.

2 Replies

Yes, you're no the only one. It went from being snappy, to just downright annoying 80% of the time. I honestly don't understand how any company as big as Spotify with some sort of QA process could stuff up an update on so many fronts.

Hey @Aelzhu,

Thanks for nootifying us about your app! Let's try some things out to boost its performance.

Please follow each step of this guide to do a clean reinstall. After that, you can ensure your phone settings aren't restricting Spotify usage by checking:

• Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
  • Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.
  • Last step - restart the phone.

Let us know what happens, we're here for you 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts