Premium

Country

USA

Device

Moto G6 and 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee UConnect

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

I connect my Moto G6 to my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Uconnect). When I play Spotify, the songs go silent after almost every song. Acording to Spotify, it keeps playing, but there's no sound. To get it back, I press the mute button on the car, then press it again to unmute. It is irritating to have to do this, and to miss the first part of the song every time. The phone is completely stock and software is current. The UConnect software in the Jeep is also current. I don't have this problem with any other Bluetooth device. 

8 Replies

I've duplicated the problem with my wife's phone. She has the same model phone. Even though I'm paying for Spotify for her, she listens to Pandora with ads because of this problem. I'm going to cancel my family plan, if this isn't fixed.

Hey @RadioActiveLamb.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this 🙂

Could you first try a clean reinstall on yours and your wife's phone by following the instructions in this support article?

If that doesn't work, could you confirm the exact Spotify version running on both phones? We'll take a closer look 😉

This did not have any effect at all. The app version is 8.5.10.774.

Note that I did contact Jeep's customer service. They refused to help, as they claim this is a "third party app", and they don't support that.

The problem only occurs with Spotify, and only with the Jeep Uconnect (2014). I don't have this trouble with any other Bluetooth devices, or any othe apps on the Jeep.

I borrowed an iPhone 7, and the problem did not occur with the Jeep.

No change. Music goes silent between songs on our 2014 Jeep Uconnect.
Version 8.5.12.758

Hey @RadioActiveLamb.

Thanks for getting back to us.

This sounds like an issue which we are aware of and currently investigating.

Make sure to head over to this thread, where you can keep track of our progress. We'll keep you posted in the thread and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Let us know if there's anything else 😉

This is a problem with the Moto G6. Since replacing the phone with a OnePlus 7T, the issue has gone away.

I've had the same issues. Briefly it worked correctly today. The track name appeared and there was no mute between songs. Then it went back to not working correctly. 😞

Hey there @Jderva,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

It's a good idea to give these steps a go. That way you can make sure the cache is not leading to any issues. If you have any battery optimization or power saving apps, you can deactivate them for Spotify. 

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest to try on another device. Does the issue persist?

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts