Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music pauses and starts playing again randomly

Music pauses and starts playing again randomly

I know this problem has been discussed multiple times but I haven't found an answer so far. 

As I've written in the topic: the music stops and starts playing again randomly. The intervals last usually from a few seconds to 2-3 minutes and it always happens when the screen turns off (but only sometimes immediately when it happens) and regardless of internet connection. On the other hand, this never happens when my phone ia connected to a bluetooth device in my car.

And yes, I've tried clearing cache, reinstalling, changing password and so on. The only thing that works is logging out on all devices, but it's quite annoying to do this like 10 times a day - helps only for a short while.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy 9+, spotify premium.

If anyone has any other ideas what could be done - I'd be very grateful. 

5 Replies

Same thing here, on a Motorola phone. I'm on wifi and it's definitely NOT a slow connection issue. I'm the only one using my account.

Given the crappy interface (both for the app and the web player) and these playback issues I'm considering cancelling my Premium subscription...

I started getting this issue since the last update 9 hours ago, yesterday was working fine... yet another non-tested update and we can't rollback...

Hey @pceg,

Thanks for reaching out. Thanks also for taking some steps to solve this on your own - we appreciate your effort!

Please follow these steps: 

1. Click on Remove All Devices here.
  2. Do a clean reinstall. Note: After reinstalling, you will have to download your music for offline listening again.

There is something else you could do if that does not help. Go to:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
  2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.
  3. Restart the phone. 

Let us know if that changes anything 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Same problem here for more than a month! On wifi and only when my phone was with the screen off. Once I would light my screen the music starts again. Today I had the same with my downloaded music for the first time. It is super annoying (yes I did a clean reinstall and I am the only one using my account) 

Petya, I have done all the steps in your post and this is still happening as of the update released on 9/5.  Please let us know if the developers are aware of this issue.  This has been going on for more than a month now and I am about to transfer my entire music library to a different service .. A pain to do but that is how bad it has gotten.

Suggested posts