Country

Canada

Device

Note10+

Operating System

Android 9

Spotify 8.5.27.957

My Question or Issue

The past couple of months the Android Spotify app has been pausing music randomly.

While listening to music with headphones (wired or bluetooth), or on a bluetooth speaker, Spotify will randomly stop playing music.

If using bluetooth headphones with a play button, I can press the play button, and will hear a few milliseconds of music, then it will pause again

If I do this a few times, it will usually start playing after a few tries, but will stop again after a few minutes.

If I turn the phone screen on (not unlock the screen, just turn it on) the music will instantly start playing.

The issue is not with my internet. This happens on my wifi network, on my mobile network, in airplane mode, and happens with fully downloaded playlists.

The issue is not with my phone. I bought a brand new Note10+ and on the first day I had this problem happen with Spotify. I had not yet changed any settings on the phone, and did not transfer any settings, data or sd card. This problem also happened with my previous phone.

The issue is not with other people using my Spotify. I used the "Sign out Everywhere function", changed my password, and revoked all Apps on my account. I logged in only on my phone and this problem still happens. No other devices are using my account.

The issue is not with power saving mode, I have it turned off.

The phone and Spotify are up to date.

The problem will be temporarily fixed by Force Stopping the app, Uninstalling it, or clearing all the saved data.
The problem always re-occurs after a few days.

4 Replies

Hey, @-si_g8u266hp 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing it. And we're already investigating this issue here in Community and forming a database about it with users' help.

I recommend that you take a look at this Ongoing Issue (OI) and follow the instructions there to collaborate with the investigation.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the same problem and have been through many of the same steps. Galaxy SM A320Y

Hey there all,

Thanks for looking for a solution in the Community! 

Please go to this Ongoing Issue, click +VOTE and subscribe to get further info on the topic.

We're here for you 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

This is a serious technical issue preventing me properly using Spotify.

Liking and subscribing to the other thread has not helped fix the issue, and none of the suggested solutions have worked.

I do not feel my issue has been taken seriously and I have cancelled my Spotify subscription.

Suggested posts