Premium

Country

UK, although trying to listen in Spain currently

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Listening to music fine but soon after the screen goes off, in to screen lock mode the music shuts off. I press a button, screen comes up ready to be unlocked (but not unlocked) and music starts immediately.

Have been listening to music continually whilst typing this! As soon as I shut the screen down music goes off.

10 Replies

Re: Music pauses when screen locks

hlgollop
Regular

Hi Leenboy, 

i have the same issue, please can someone look into this, 

Plan - Premium 

Samsung Galaxy S8

Android 9.0 Pie 

Listening UK 

Kind Regards
hlgollop

lukemarsh4

Same issue here. Wondering if a Samsung update issue

Highlighted

hlgollop
Regular

Hi luke, 

It's possible I've noticed recently the button is not working on the widget on the lock screen as well, it might be a Samsung issue overall, hopefully an update will be released to fix this 

Kind Regards
hlgollop

nattyd
Visitor

I'm having this issue as well. I've tried restarting my phone and uninstalling the app too.

In addition, any "Spotify playlists" are also only playing the one song I selected and won't continue onto the next song in the playlist. If I try to skip to the next song, it shows that there is no song to play next...

P.S. using a Samsung S10+

albaaliaga
Visitor

Hi!

Having the same problem on my new Samsung A40, just had to download the version v8.4.75.670 and works well.

Hope that they fix this problem for new versions of the app!

and hope that this helps you!

misshollydawn
Visitor

Same issue!

Galaxy s9+

And the lock screen buttons are glitching too. When I pause on the lock screen, it jumps 15 seconds and keeps playing.

hlgollop
Regular

Hi MissHollyDawn, 

Exactly the same here it seems to jump every time i pause too not sure what's going on it seems only Samsung has this issue, hopefully, Spotify support will see this and help. 

Kind Regards
hlgollop

hllh
Visitor

I also experienced the same thing recently on Galaxy Note 8 but it's fine now. However, a lot of my downloaded songs suddenly turned gray though they still take up a lot of phone memory.

WilloC
Casual Listener

Dont think it is Samsung, something v similar on my Xiaomi, in the middle of my runs/workouts, so it is really annoying.

SUGGESTED POSTS