Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music playing from other devices / playlists disappearing

Solved!

Music playing from other devices / playlists disappearing

Okay so yesterday there was an update and that has messed things up, a lot!, Good job Spotify, ever heard of testing?

SO yesterday at home my phone randomly started connecting to a Nexus 5 device (I don't own such a device) and it was weird. I thought that maybe someone got access to my account so I logged out from all devices (handy feauture in the options menu) and changed my password to a more comlex. 

Everything seemed fine. The nexus 5 device is back though currently not available.

I was also just now playing music when ALL my playlists just disappeared at once and has been replaced with a few other playlists "Geometry Dash by Sebastian Gustafsson", "Cardio by Spotify", "Classic Road Trip Songs by Spotify" and "An Instrumental Sunday by Spotify".

The playlist by "Sebastian Gustafsson" has the same music as what was played on Spotify yesterday by the Nexus 5 device.

What the actual?

This is not what I pay money for...

And yeah this is on an Android 4.4 (I think), Samsung Galaxy S4  

Edit:

I could unfollow all the new playlists and was able to restore the deleted ones, but how did this happen in the first place?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes, it does seem a little odd... possibly some glitch merging your account with someone elses in the backend??? Who knows, but Support should be able to help you and identify the route cause.

In case you need it the contact form can be found here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

6 Replies

You mentioned that your phone just randomly tried to connect to a nexus 5 which is not your device. In what capacity did your phone try to connect to the nexus 5?

It just appeared on my "Connect" page

Anyone that can help?

Ive changed password on the spotify account and email multiple times but it just keeps appearing. also just random devices, not always the same

Possibly a previously authorised device. Definately worth contacting support and getting them to revoke all devices on your account and see if they can figure out what this ghost device is.

Android Troubleshooting:

Yeah Ill try contacting them, I removed some offline devices yesterday that ive never seen before.

I've never had an iPhone nor logged into my account on an iPhone before so that couldnt be the reason. 

See, even after I change password and use the mass logout it still happens.

So weeeird

Marked as solution

Yes, it does seem a little odd... possibly some glitch merging your account with someone elses in the backend??? Who knows, but Support should be able to help you and identify the route cause.

In case you need it the contact form can be found here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts