My subscription: Family plan remium

Country

Indonesia

Device

(Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1)

Operating System

(ANDROID PIE)

My Question or Issue

Please help me help me, I can't feel the difference in spotify music sound quality on my device. Both high, normal, low quality have the same quality sound

2 Replies

Hey @egya ,

Welcome to the Community!

Toggling between normal and high quality won't have an immediate effect. This is because the music that is already cached will continue playing in the quality it was set before.

It can improve sound quality if you switch off Volume Normalization. But you might sometimes need to adjust the volume a little bit.

After clearing the cache and making sure you've toggled High-Quality streaming, you should be listening in High Quality.

Hope this helps.

Hi. From above "After clearing the cache and making sure you've toggled High-Quality streaming, you should be listening in High Quality."

Is this true for downloaded music also? In older posts about this it says that you have to un-download and then re-download everything after changing the quality in order to get them to play in the higher quality, and said there was an option to un-download the music in Settings.

Is that no longer the case? Now you just have to clear the cache, then switch to the higher quality??

I just did that and the amount of storage space shown for Downloads in the Storage chart in Settings did not change, and I don't see an option to un-download the downloaded music that is mentioned in older posts, just "Delete Cache". I then switched it back to Normal and then back to Very High again (after clearing the cache each time) and the Storage again didn't change and I didn't get the "Let's Go" pop-up when I went back to Normal quality like I did went I went to High Quality (without saying that you need to do anything else).

If everything that is downloaded is switched to a different quality, shouldn't the amount of Storage the downloads take up change??

Can someone please confirm the current process to get the improved quality on music that is already downloaded on the phone?

Thanks for any help!!
Premium
Motorola MotoX
Android 9
USA

Suggested posts