Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music saving to SD card now???

Solved!

Music saving to SD card now???

I have 0.6.2.64. I just noticed last night that my playlists were downloading to the external SD card now instead of my internal memory. I haven't used any hacks to allow this and I don't think my custom rom is doing it either. Anyone else notice this?

To check, check your free storage on your phone, then download a sizeable playlist, and then go see if that changes. Our, see if you have a folder on your SD card called "/storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui" (or similar) after downloading the playlist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Just to let you know:

This is because on the new version of Spotify Android, it syncs to the storage with the most space in it.

There is no option to change where it is synced to, it does it automatically at the moment.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

Just to let you know:

This is because on the new version of Spotify Android, it syncs to the storage with the most space in it.

There is no option to change where it is synced to, it does it automatically at the moment.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks, I was looking for release notes that would denote this change, but nothing mentioned storage. This is awesome because I have a 64gb card.

I was thinking about switching to Google Play Music All Access, but not now or at least not till they do this as well.

What is th path Spotify uses to store Music on the SD card. I have read that music is auto stored on the SD card if it has more space but this does not seem to be the case! How do I check this?

@Anthony wrote:

Hi,

Just to let you know:

Anthony 🙂

On my S4 it is:
/storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/files/spotifycache/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

"it syncs to the storage with the most space in it."

Most space at THAT time, or most space at all?

I mean, if i have a SD card with 8GB, but only 1GB free, and my phonehave 2GB total, and 1,5GB free. It's going  to be saved in my SD or cell?

It checks free space so, in your case, the cache will be created in internal storage.

Suggested posts