Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music stops play after my android-phone goes to sleep mode.

Solved!

Music stops play after my android-phone goes to sleep mode.

Well yea, the title says it all. When I play a song (headphones always plugged) and my phone goes turns the screen of, spotily stops streaming. (well not instantly, but after a while) it's not an internet problem, promise!

PS:/ Will android get the "Extreme quality" feature?

The Confused viking
39 Replies

A question exactly what did you do to fix that issue because your description was pretty vague unfortunately so please if you could explain more in detail what you did it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Kind regards
Kim

leave a headphone plugged in.  If no headphones detected it will pause playback when it goes into sleep mode.

Lol thanks
Marked as solution

Inside of the Power Saving setting, you can Turn On Background Data. This let's you have many of the Power Saving benifits but keep streaming.

Had this issue with various audio streaming apps.  I had cleaned cache for the apps, system, etc.  Still issues.
I ended up downloading the Samsung Smart Switch app and resetting my phone.
I wanted to see if it was hardware or software related, so I didn't restore apps from backup, and manually added my apps back. 

This resolved my issue.

A have the same problem for a half year, maybe more. It starts when i install Nougat for my Huawei P9... Its really annoying and Ive tried everything, even wipe my phone. I must restart my phone everytime... It works for a while but when i start more apps, then spotify stops playing after 30-60sec when i lock screen... 

I fixed it like this: Settings -> WLAN -> Additional settings (i went to this from three dots on the upper right corner in tablet. Phone users might have to click additional button on the phone or on the lower part of the screen.) -> Keep Wi-fi (or WLAN or whichever connection name appears instead of it) on during Sleep -> Always.

After I made this change, the music did not stop anymore when Android went to sleep mode. So, it is internet problem for sure as WLAN is related to internet.

Same here! Did you manage to fix it? I've excluded Spotify from every power saving option available, my WiFi is always on, excluded from the lockscreen shut list.. 

I don't know what else is there. 

I managed to fix it. The problem is Wi-Fi settings, not any app. You must set Wi-Fi enabled during sleep mode from the settings which I described in the previous post.

im using 4G 😕

I've turned on the 'Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep' option, but imagine it didn't help! This Android is a true disaster. It's definitely a Wi-Fi related issue because as I switch it off, the music keeps playing with no problem using cellular data.

So i found another solution today.

I did all the suggestions you guys posted here but nothing worked for me.

If you go to Settings > Memory > Turn off Background auto clean Memory.

Let me know if this helps!

SOLVED after latest Android (7.0) update. No more issues.

finally... after EMUI update 5.0.0 to 5.0.1 it works!

"If you go to Settings > Memory > Turn off Background auto clean Memory."

Perfect, music is playing again! 😄

The post above is working!!! Background auto clean memory need to be shut down! Setup -> Memory.

Is this setting available in Oreo as well? I don't seem to find it...

I found an app called "stay alive" in the apps store that has solved this problem on my Android phone. All other fixes I have read or attempted have not worked for me. So if you have been struggling with this vexing problem, try "stay Alive". It is free, customizeable and there are no ads. I have had nothing to do with the creation of this app, but at the moment I would highly recommend it. Success at last! (at least for me.)

Can you give a link please? There are many apps with the same name. 

Found it, I think, under Settings - battery - Programstart, there I turned it of for the apps I wanted to run. I believe this worked....

Suggested posts