Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music stops playing after 10 seconds on Googl home, podcasts not affected (android, iphone, desktop)

Music stops playing after 10 seconds on Googl home, podcasts not affected (android, iphone, desktop)

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Android, iPhone, Mac

Operating System

Android 11, iOS 14, macOS Big Sur

Since 3 days ago, the music stops playing after 10 seconds on Google Home, but podcasts are not affected. Also, other sound apps can cast to Google Home just fine. I have tried the following but nothing helped:

- resetting Google Home

- tried my girlfriend's spotify account (from another phone)

- casted from spotify on Android, iPhone and Mac OS

- Forced stopped the spotify app

Sometimes, when I try playing a song, it seems that Spotify skips a few before starting to play them. But as mentioned above, the music stops after 10 seconds.

9 Replies

Hi there @fersarr1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for sharing the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Can you try to unplug your router for 5 minutes and then restart it to see if the issue persist?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you try with a different internet connection?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi. Thanks for the suggestions.

I have tried unplugging the router 5 minutes but it did not help unfortunately. And, I do not have an extra internet connection at home to try (do you mean if I pay two internet bills?). Any other steps to try?

In another post in the Spotify community someone seemed to have a similar problem and they mentioned that it was solved after someone from spotify cleared the cache for that user in Spotify's backend. Can we try that? Although it seems to be broken for my account and my girlfriend's.

It's been over a week with a broken Spotify.

Thanks,

Fernando

Hey there @fersarr1,

Thanks for the reply.

Since this is affecting both of your accounts, there is a chance that the issue is indeed network related.

You can try and create a Mobile hotspot from your phone, afterwards connect your phone and the Home speaker to that new network. No need to have 2 routers. 

Regarding the cache clearing - that can only be done through our customer support team. You can reach to them via the channels here

Another thing you might want to check is that the country of your account matches the country you're currently residing in, and that's the same for your Google home account. 

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

sorry for the delay, busy times. I've just reset the Google home device and reconnected it and now it's working with Spotify music again. It's weird that it only affected Spotify music and no other services, not even Spotify podcasts.

Hey again @fersarr1,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us and for your confirmation.

We're really glad to see that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I only get to hear about 10 seconds of a song.  I already did a clean install but it doesn't help.

It doesn't work on iphone and android 12 smarthphone, same account.

Hey @Albertocapo!

Could you let us know the following:

• Your device's make, model and OS version.
  • The version of Spotify you're running.

Have you tried the aforementioned troubleshooting steps in addition to reinstalling the app? Does this occur when you're streaming directly on your phone, or when connected to an external WiFi / bluetooth device? A short screen recording which shows how things look on your end would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Do you already have a solution for me?

Hey there @Albertocapo,

Thanks for your response.

We're trying to help here, but to be able to give you a relevant advice or a solution, we'd need you to share with us the info requested by @Yordan earlier. As soon as we get more details about your setup and info about the troubleshooting steps you've done, then we might be able to help you further with this.

Hope this makes sense. Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts