Music stops playing randomly

Re: Music stops playing randomly

schk-be

I have the same issue, Spotify just stops playing after 5-10 minutes.

I do not have yet a premium subscription. I just play Spotify in random mode over wifi on my Samsung Galaxy. There is definitively no problem with my wifi or phone.

Any solution? Please help.

Thanks, Christian

Joe
Community Legend

If it happens when streaming, make sure that wifi optimisationis off and keep wifi on during sleep is enabled - both in the android wifi advanced settings.

narr
Casual Listener

This happens to me too. I'm running Android 4.1.2 on Xperia V with Spotify premium and latest software of everything. It happens on both wifi and mobile network, and both when I'm using the phone and when screen is "inactive". Sometimes it doesn't happen at all, sometimes it happens twice or thrice, and sometimes up to 20 times in a row before I can actually listen to the music normally. It doesn't matter if I play offline playlists or stream. To clarify, it doesn't just refuse to play the next song, the app is actually closing itself down completely. I have to relaunch the app to start playing again. 

Besides this problem, the Spotify icon in the notification bar has disappeared. I can live with that, I guess, but it is quite annoying. Also, sometimes the little bar displaying the current song disappears. This however is easily solved by force stopping Spotify and relaunching. 

I'm only using the proper app, no widget or third party apps, and I have cleared data and cache, uninstalled and deleted the com.spotify.mobile.android.ui folder and reinstalled - twice. Hasn't helped so far.

These issues makes me feel that I can hardly make use of my premium account anymore - both annoying and saddening, since I've grown to love Spotify over the last few years. I'd be extremely grateful for any help.

chapa_9
Casual Listener

Same for me

When a song ends the next song starts playing (progress bar and everything) but you don't hear anything, sometimes forwarding to the next song or going back to the previous song causes that song to play silent as well, Sometimes it happens after 1 song in a certain playlist, sometimes after 3, 10, whatever, seems random, and always only when I´m over 3G or 4GLTE

Running over Android 4.3 (Samsung Galaxy S4. T-mobile)

_Bryan_
Casual Listener

I have a very similar problem on my Nexus 5 (Android 4.4.2). I think it stops playing any time it tries to go to commercial.

ecrouch
Regular

The problem is the app.  Pandora (boooooo), works fine.  I've scoured the forums and have tried all the suggestions.  And you have too, right?  But, nothing works.  It's not our phones.  It's not our network connections.  It's not third party apps or battery saving stops.  It's the Android app.  Someone prove me wrong. I've chased every rabbit trail.  I crossed paths with some of you all along the way.  Every possibility has been explored.  The last remaining possibilty is that the app is broken.  Thoughts?   

ecrouch
Regular

I experience this on wifi as well.  So, let's check some boxes; Wifi, 3G, and 4GLTE.  Check, check and check.  I believe the problem is the app itself.  Pandora works fine under the same circumstances.  It's gotta be the app.  That's good news...I think.  It means it can be fixed.  Now, I just hope they get busy on a solution.  Pandora is my fix for this but I miss Spotify.

Highlighted

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey guys :) 

I have opened this as a bug for the Spotify teams to investigate. If you could all add the requested details to this bugs tracker it would be most appreciated. 

Just so we can keep all of the data in one place, I am going to lock this topic for now. A huge thank you to you all for taking the time to report this! 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS