Spotiy Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Nokia 7plus and Samsung S5

Operating System

Android 8.1

My Question or Issue

My music keeps pauzing, or stopping. When I am in the car, connected with an mic cable to the car system, but also at home, streaming to my heos speakers.

I cleared cache, rebooted, uninstalled and install fresh and tried on 2 different phones. Anyone any ideas? 

7 Replies

Hello @rarbon!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. I'd recommend reading this article for much more info on this.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/PSA-Samsung-users-please-read/m-p/1334731#U1334731

Hope this helps, have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This article is updated last on 2017- sept. My main problem is on the Nokia 7 plus, which runs on android 8. I didn't see anything in the article that helps me unfortunately, so if you have any other suggestion I would apreciate it vey much! Thanks for trying to help me!

Hey! You can try to find a solution here: https://community.phones.nokia.com/support/discussions/topics/7000016497

If that doesn't work, you might not have a good internet connection. Do you have any issues with other apps that use internet connection?

Keep me posted, Jose 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

I'm sorry, but my wifi is fine. I have lots of things running without any issues. And, when I am in the car and connected with a mic cable spotify keeps pauzing as well. That cant be a wifi related issue, right?

Its now even worse then before... I can't even listen 1 song anymore... it pauzes after 20 or 30 seconds. Hope you have other ideas?

Hey, sounds like this could be a cache related issue. I'd recommend heading here: https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/
Click the 'remove all button. You will have to re-download your tracks but it may help.

Let me know if that works. /J
Jose_MSpotify Star

There was only 1 device in my cache, and it was a very old one. I deleted it, and after 1 song it stops again. I'm getting really frustrated, and I see many people have issues like these. I seems like it is getting worse every day, I cant even play 1 whole song anymore. I'm really close to looking for an alternative for spotify.

Hey, can you let me know... do you have any task-killing apps? If so, you should remove them/set Spotify as an exception. Those can sometimes cause some trouble.

Also, can you try logging onto another device and seeing if you have that problem?

Let me know how you get on 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts