Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music that switches from Android Auto to smartphone.

Music that switches from Android Auto to smartphone.

Plan

Free

Country

France

Device

Honor 10

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Hello,
I use Spotify with Android Auto built into my vehicle.
When I listen to music and switch off the ignition of the vehicle, the music switches to my phone.
How to avoid this?
Thank you

3 Replies

Hey @OUARZA,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Could you let us know if the issuer persists once you've performed a clean reinstall of both the Android Auto app and Spotify. You can find the relevant steps for Spotify here. This way we can make sure that not corrupted app files are causing this behavior. 

If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know if other Android Auto compatible apps also revert to your phone once you turn off the ignition? It would be great if you could also give it a go with another Spotify account on your smartphone or borrow a friend or family members smartphone and see if things work as intended when you use it instead. These troubleshooting steps help us narrow down the possible root cause of the problem to either your devices or account.

We'd love to investigate this further! We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello @Mihail,

I just reset the Android Auto app (which is built into my phone) as well as the Spotify app.
I'll do the tests tomorrow and get back to you.
Mathieu

Hello,
I have carried out various tests and it seems that the recovery is done with all the music applications.
The problem would therefore rather be on the side of Android Auto.
I continue my tests and come to you.
Mathieu

Suggested posts