Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music won't stay saved

Solved!

Music won't stay saved

Hi. I'm running version 2.6.0.813, on a Samsung Galaxy s4, running Android 4.4.2.

For some reason, the albums I have saved recently are not staying saved, even when I have downloaded them to my phone (on the SD card, I believe). An album will save, I will then download it, even play it offline, but if I come away from that album, play something else, and then try and come back to it, I have to save the album and download it again. Interestingly, when I click download again, all the tracks in the album go instantly green, so they are definitely on my device - it's just that the device doesn't know that they are there, somehow.

This is particularly annoying if I want to play music when I'm somewhere without an internet connection, as I can't access the music at all.

It is a problem that has developed over the last month or so. It happened on my Samsung Galaxy s4, then I had to use a Samsung Galaxy s2, and yesterday I got my s4 back, flashed it, deleted all Android data from my SD card, and started again with Spotify. The problem occurred on both my Samsung Galaxy s2 and the s4. Interestingly, I use the iPad app too, and albums saved on there do not appear elsewhere, not are they retained on the iPad app.

I feel that the problem may be related to my account rather than my device.

Any ideas, people?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There is limit of 3.333 tracks per device for offline listening.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Also, it may be useful to know that my older music is all saved still.

I am also having this exact same problem. I'm using a Nexus 7, a Samsung Galaxy Light, and an iMac. It's driving me crazy.

It started exactly on March 15th. 

Driving me mad. Is this the only way you can get tech support from Spotify these days? I don't feel very supported.

But at least I've been promoted to Gig Goer for commenting on my own post. Maybe if I keep on commenting I'll get promoted all the way up to label rep and I'll get CDs sent to me directly from the artists. Job done.

Concert Regular now. Oooooh.

Hi , I have the same problem. Version 2.6.0.813 on Moto G with Lollipop 5.0.2

Any solution? They are working on this problem?

In the PC desktop version is exactly the same . there is a limit on the number of artists who can be saved ?

all new artists added are deleted when I close the application.

I correct myself and confirm. the problem is with the number of albums . because if I delete an album of my collection and add a new one, it remains saved (tested)
Marked as solution

There is limit of 3.333 tracks per device for offline listening.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

It seems also applies to online saved tracks. because I don't have downloaded music.

Just heard from customer service. Yep, gotta go and delete all kinds of albums now. Sucks.

That's not a solution at all. I have far fewer songs than that and they won't stay on my device. I decided to pay for premium so I could play music offline and it barely works.

Suggested posts