Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Android phone won't connect to my pc via private wifi.

My Android phone won't connect to my pc via private wifi.

Hi,

Since a few week when I want to play music with Spotify via wifi and use my mobile phone (a Wileyfox Swift2 with Android 8.1) as a remote controle, it is unable to connect to my HTPC (and my other PC) through my home wifi. The only device that I sees is my android tablet.

On the other hand my Android tablet does see all the other devices, including my phone!

Strangely enough as soon as I start to play a song on my tablet and then switch to my HTPC, my phone starts recognising the HTPC and when again I use my tablet as a remote and choose for my pc, my phone 'looses' my HTPC and switches over to my PC!

Both my pc's have LinuxMint as OS.

It used to work well in the past, but since a few weeks, this issue started.

I've already tried to solve it by reinstalling Spotify on my phone, but that didn't help.

What can be the cause of this, is this an issue with LinuxMint and how can I solve it?

1 Reply

Hey @LeonDriessen.

Thanks for getting in touch!

It should work, what you are trying to do. Have you tried reinstalling the app across your devices? You can read here how to do this.

You can also try toggling "Show Local Devices Only" in the settings to see if that changes anything.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts