Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify account lagging/crashing on all devices.

My Spotify account lagging/crashing on all devices.

Hello,

Gonna try get help from here because the support team aren't being all that helpful.

Since the last update for android (0.7.9), whenever I have the playlist tab open, my playlists will load really slowly and most of the time will stop loading, freeze then start loading from the start. If I have music playing whilst this is happening, it will stop then the songs starts from the beginning and this process keeps repeating itself. On top of this, Spotify will complain there is no internet connection or crash completely.

The BIG issue is that this is happening with any phone I log into. The phones I've tried so far are: Note 3 (my phone), galaxy s4, HTC One, Note 2.

I'm not sure what is causing my account to lag on all these devices but it's preventing me from using Spotify completely. I've had my account for 2 years now and I haven't had this issue before.

If anyone has any idea what might be causing this I'd appreciate some help. 🙂
8 Replies

Hey there,

I would say to first log out of the app and log back in (not sure if you've tried that yet). If that doesn't work, go ahead and uninstall the app and re-install it. There may be some issue there.

Hope that helps!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Unfortunately relogging doesn't fix it and I've tried reinstalling a few times with no change. Sorry, I should have mentioned that I tried uninstalling before.

Are you primarily using a cellular data plan or wi-fi?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

The issue persists on both wifi and cellular on any of the devices I log into. But Im mostly on cellular data when using Spotify.

Hi again @VLEX26 . I'm a bit puzzled as I too have a Note 3 and it's blisteringly fast so I was trying to think what differences we may have in our setup.

Do you have a really large number of playlists or a huge starred playlist maybe?

Is the spotify cache using an external SD card?

@jwylot hi again. I've had no issues in the past on my Note 3, absolutely fantastic phone and it's never had a problem with Spotify before prior to this update. The part that confuses me is that this problem isn't just on my Note 3 but any android device I log into. My star playlist has 1,033 tracks, another playlist of 600 a few other smaller ones of 3 - 10 tracks each.

My Note 3 isn't caching songs at the moment. I can't get Spotify to run long enough to store my playlists

What did the support guys say out of interest. It does seem odd that you're having issues on all devices but let's try something else on the Note which has worked for people who experienced the app crashing on startup.

• Make sure that spotify isn't running in the background.
  • Put phone into airplane mode
  • Start spotify
  • Turn airplane mode off

Suggested posts