Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify offline got removed and cannot log in due to i am offline after the phone restart?

My Spotify offline got removed and cannot log in due to i am offline after the phone restart?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Motorola G Power 2020

Operating System

Android 11

This is weird and annoying as heck. I have 128GB Micro SD card and motorola g power. I use my sd card as storage for offline music. I downloaded all my 700 songs for offline, and once all my downloaded songs gone and have to redownload them if I restart my phone, shut down, and/or go online after 4 days being offline. What the **bleep** is going on and how to fix this annoying issue?! 

14 Replies

Hey @OlympicAssEater,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, we'll be happy to help.

If the contents you downloaded for offline listening keep on disappearing, you might need to get the latest version of the Spotify app. To do this, try performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

In case the clean reinstall doesn't do the trick, try downloading the music on your phone's internal storage and see how it works. If the internal storage works fine, we suggest you format the SD card. 

If this doesn't work either, please make sure your phone doesn't have any cache clearing app that may be affecting Spotify. 

Hope this helps! 

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

@Julian

Thanks for the reply, and I  tried your clean installation method on my Motorola G Power 2020, and unfortunately it does not solve my problem. I did test my micro sd card on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite and my Samsung Galaxy S7 to see if this is micro sd fault. The result is both devices and the micro sd card don't experience this weird behavior.

One thing I notice on my Motorola G Power is that if I choose "device storage" instead "sd card" storage then I will not experience this weird behavior. Can you explain why?

Hey @OlympicAssEater,

Thank you for trying out these steps.

Since the internal storage seems to be working fine, it's possible the SD card has corrupted in some way. Could you confirm if you formatted the card? 

Also, another good option can be trying a different SD card on your Motorola G Power and see how it works

Let us know how this goes!

JulianModerator

@Julian Format micro sd on my motorola g power 2020 doesn't solve my problem at all. When I restart my phone after change its storage location from device to micro sd, it will revert it back to device storage.

@Julian format micro sd does not solve my problem at all. after i change the storage location from device to micro then reboot the phone, it will revert the storage location to device storage

Hi @OlympicAssEater,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

In this case we suggest that you contact our customer support and ask them to remove any corrupted devices. You can contact them here.

Let us know how everything goes and if the Community can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

@Jeremy

What chu mean corrupted devices? Deezer premium work fine on my motorola g power 2020 and able to save offline music onto my micro sd no problem at all.

I just found this thread not so while ago and apparently I am not the only one affected by this issue. This is the most recent thread about this issue and you guys not fixing it?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/All-Platforms-Music-keeps-un-downloading/idi-p/50342...

Hi again @OlympicAssEater,

Thank you for your reply.

We understand, however this can be connected to Spotify even though it works with other apps and sites.

From what we can see, we suggest that you head over to our customer support and ask them to remove any offline devices as we think that will fix this.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

@Jeremy 

Send ticket about this issue 2 to 3 days ago and no single reply

Hey @OlympicAssEater

Thanks for getting back in touch.

In this case, we suggest reaching out to our Support team directly through any of these channels. They can take a look at your account and help you with this.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

@Eni

They can't help! Deezer, apple music, and amazon music have no problem and don't experience this issue that I am experience with Spotify. Spotify support already removed all my offline devices and provided me a test account, and they can't help. This is spotify app itself that need to be fix! There is a report post about this and you guys refuse to fix it: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/All-Platforms-Music-keeps-un-downloading/idi-p/50342...

If my device and/or sd is corrupted than deezer, amazon music, and apple music will not work either. The fact is all these three work on my device and sd card indicate this is Spotify app itself. And how distinguishing you guys put "Won't Fix" on that recent report post of this issue. 17 pages with over 350 up votes, and they all come from 2020 - 2021.

And a quick google search show there are multiple users post about this issue in 2020. Please fix this annoying issue. I don't have time to redownload all my music because it take more than 30 minutes to download it on 500down/500up internet speed.

Hey there @OlympicAssEater,

Thanks for the reply.

We are sorry that you're having such an experience with the app on your Motorola phone and that the customer service team could not solve your issue. However, since we can only troubleshoot remotely, we can only offer certain troubleshooting steps that other users have reported helping in similar situations. If downloading music works normally on other phones, most likely there is a setting on the Motorola, which is hindering the ability of the Spotify app to write cache files (Spotify downloads are stored as cache). 

Something else you can try is to check whether there are any cache clearing/ performance boosting apps, which might be deleting the app cache automatically, and disable them.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Alex

Problem still not solve 😞 

Hey there @OlympicAssEater,

Thanks for the reply.

As a last resort, what you can try is to do a factory reset on the phone. Before that make sure all your data is backed up. This is only a last resort option, before which you can try using Spotify Lite. It's a lighter version of the app, which is optimized for certain phones and older devices.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts