Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify starts by it self.

My Spotify starts by it self.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Spotify starts by it self. I have an Samsung S9 and sometimes the spotify app starts by it self and it's always in web player. If a change song and/ or player to my phone sometime it's changing back to web player. 

I have reinstalled spotify, changed my password and no longer logged in with Facebook but by password. 

What can I more do? Feels like another user using my spotify. It's happening all hours of the day and night. 

13 Replies

My spotify do the same. It even goes back to other track when i try to play a song from my playlist. 

i have the same problem on my pixel 2... it is so annoying!

I have send an email to support. If i get any answers i Will inform you.

Hi again

I have got answer from Support. It de ens that my account was hacked so they suggested to change password which i did but they stoped my account first and asked med for some information to be sure that my account. 

They answers realy fast and they are realy helpfull so i suggest you go the same. Good luck 

Support@spotify.com

if i start spotify on my laptop or computer spotify works without problems. so i dont think that my spotify got hacked. i changed my password yesterday

i had contact with the spotify support. My account was not hacked, it seems that the Spotify App for Android has a problem since the lust update. 

Hey all,

Glad to hear you've checked what was going on with your accounts and everything is fine now.

If anything like this happens in the future (like music stopping suddenly, starting by itself or just starts playing on another device while you're still listening) it's worth it to check out this article.

Hope this sheds light on the subject 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

My problem is not solved yet. I am really **bleep** that no one can fix this problem. I will cancel my subscription ASAP.

@hannes1812,

Could you first try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? Once you've done that, can you try the following steps to sign out everywhere?

Sign Out Everywhere Desktop.png

Once you've tried those two things, if this issue continues to occur please let me know.

I have done all of that. Clean reinstall, set back my phone, tried an test account of Spotify. I had contact to the support. But nothing works. Have a look at the recensions in the play store and you can see, that I am not the only one, who has problems with the Android App. 

@hannes1812,

Can you go to this page on a web browser and remove access of any apps that you don't recognize or trust?

Thanks for your help Jacob,

but i did that, too. Just forgot to mention that in my last post.
Spotify is quite weird on Android.

Suggested posts