Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My app crashes sometimes while listening some songs and also while downloading them.

My app crashes sometimes while listening some songs and also while downloading them.

Ive been using the non premium service of spotify for a while. But since i love the app, i bought the premium service. I started using the app normaly but i have some problems with it. I don't know why but the app sometimes while listening to songs it crashes. The problem is, it makes my phone slow too. Can't even restart the app, it won't open. Everything i can do is restart my phone. Also, i can't download songs. The app keeps crashing. Any advice?

Thanks for your time.

7 Replies

Hey @NkJeremy! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

Have you tried reinstalling your app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Yes, I have tried re-installing the app. Two times to be exactly. But the problem keeps here. Also, i have cleaned my cache data but nothing. 

@NkJeremy

Please let me know the following details:

1. Exact Device (e.g. Samsung Galaxy 4)

2. Exact operating system (e.g. 4.4.2)

3. Spotify app version installed (2.0.0)

4. About how many playlists do you have?

If you could get back to me with those details it would be great. Thanks! ^^

Peace

Okay the specs are the following:

Phone: Huaweii Gr3

Android system: 5.1

Spotify version: 8.4.39.673

In my account i have one playlist that i created. And then i have some followed. 

Same thing here, started about 2 days ago. 

@Dohs @NkJeremy

I've escalated your issue to the support.

I will reply on this thread with help soon. ^^

Peace

@NkJeremy @Dohs

Could you give it a try from a different account?. You can use a friend's account, just to test it out. If you're getting error messages, please take some screenshots.

And please remove all of your offline devices here. Sometimes there can be a duplicate cache in the offline devices and it's fixed by removing them.

After that, try ro reinstall the app following these steps

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Suggested posts