Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My playlists keep downloading to internal casche - zte quartz

My playlists keep downloading to internal casche - zte quartz

I have a zte quartz Android phone, O S is z797cv1.0.0b05

I also have Spotify premium, allowing me to download playlists to my phone. Here's my problem: my playlists keep downloading to internal casche. I have followed the instructions for switching my storage in the FAQ 4 separate times. Each time I have done something different to fix the problem - changing the download quality, removing and reinstalling Spotify completely, removing and reinstalling my SD card. I'm at a loss what to try next. Any suggestions?
5 Replies

Hi Community, 

I have the same problem as mentioned above.

- I have researched over 30+ pages (including on the ones on this forum) and have followed to the letter the FAQ and step by step solutions , but without success. So apologies for the question already posted 100+ times, but all these solutions would not work for me.

-I have 10gb free on internal storage and 60gb on SD card

-I have cleared cache, uninstalled spotify, went in the file manager and deleted the "com.spotify.music" file. Weirdly, even if it is taking all my internal memory, this file is only appearing on my SD card, and not on my Internal storage files (path is Android>Data> com.spotify.music

-I have switched download quality to Extreme

However, spotify stupidly still chooses to use my internal storage memory.

This is incredibly frustrating, and made me consider finding alternatives to spotify.

Any help would be much appreciated

Finally something I know!

I've been reinstalling over and over again these past days because of another problem. I also have a 60gb SD Card and last I researched, Spotify would automatically install where there's most space available. It still doesn't work that way.

What I do, is transfer ordinary mp3s or whatever other big files I have around to the internal memory until it gives me a notification about "no more storage". Then i remove about 100mb of the transferred files, so Spotify can be installed.

I install Spotify again. After this I'll start downloading my playlists in Spotify and ta-daaaa! It stores on the SD Card! Once it has stored just one song there, it'll keep saving data here and you can dump the file overload from the internal memory.

Hope this makes sense!

I see what you are saying... But right now I don't have anything on my SD card. I still have room on my internal storage... So maybe I should fill up the internal storage, then uninstal and reinstall Spotify? I will give that a try.

What i see is that the app have huge problems with storage, on Android and iOS, stuffs that was supposed to be easy are problematic, The SD storage, or even the cache of non-offline songs, that takes a really stupid amount of internal data, and NO, the clear cache option don't work. i have no faith with this app.

You understood me correctly 🙂 Hope it helped you as well!

Stine

Suggested posts