Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My saved "Your Music" tracks have disappeared on my Android phone

My saved "Your Music" tracks have disappeared on my Android phone

So I started using the save feature to add songs to your music, but a few days ago it just started coming up empty. I checked my spotify app on my computer and they're all still there, and songs that I've added from my phone since I lost the tracks are coming up in Your Music on my laptop.

Also, sometimes when I hit the + button to save a track, the check mark comes up, but if I exit the app or even skip to another track and go back, the song has become unsaved and the check mark is gone.

Does anyone know if there's a way to get the saved tracks from my computer back into Your Music on my phone and to fix the saving problem I'm having for Your Music generally? Thanks so much!

11 Replies

Weird, have you tried logging out and back in again on your phone?

Also how many tracks have you saved in your music? It annoyingly has a limit of 10,000 songs.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This also happens on my PC. It's very annoying. 

I just tried and this did not help. Also, the "Your Music" section works fine on my laptop and on my nexus 7.

@Bendjx wrote:

I just tried and this did not help. Also, the "Your Music" section works fine on my laptop and on my nexus 7.

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I'm having same problem on iPhone.  Spotify is annoying me so much lately I'm about to cancel and go back to getting music the old school way.

Only 10,000 songs? They should really put that number up...

My issue may be slightly different - but a clean install didn't help.  I logged in this morning and a playlist which previously had 120 songs now only had the 7 most recently added.  I verified that the songs which have been removed are still on Spotify.  I now have to (almost) entirely recreate the playlist which was supposed to run as background music at my wedding reception. One more thing to add back to my to-do-list.

Any other suggestions besides a clean install?

I have the same problem. More than 1000 songs disappeared. I'm dying. I can't find how to contact support. I want my music back.

Oh, that's not cool! I think you need to contact spotify directly thru Spotify Contact Form to seek their expertise. They can surely fix it for you. Cheers! 🙂

Thank you so much dude. Contact form is not very useful anyway, because it
suggests to post in an existent topic with same issue.

Anyway, don't know how, but everything's OK now.

First: I forced stop of the app and re open it. Not worked.
Second: log out, force stop, re open, log in. Not worked.
Third: log out, reboot the phone. Not worked.
Fourth: log out, clean the cache of the app from the phone menu "setting ->
app". Not worked.

I was in totally panic, I logged in from PC, there was saved every single
song, except the last one (on the phone I had only this one instead. I read
about the 10000 songs saved limit, so I remove this last one, but not
worked. It was very unbelievable anyway, because I don't have saved more
than 1000/2000 songs).

So the problem it was the app or the phone.

Finally, the fifth attempt worked!

Clean every data from the phone menu "setting -> app", not only the cache.
Re open the app, log in, and, very slowly, songs re appeared!!!!

Spotify, you made me fckn' mad.

I just had this problem on my iphone. My music saved songs, artists and albums disappeared but stayed on my ipad. As somebody earlier suggested, I deleted Spotify App from my phone and reinstalled it. Then I logged in my account and the music starts coming back to my phone. Thanks God and thanks to sharing the suggestions!

Suggested posts