Family Premium

Country

Chile

Device

MI BOX S

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

My song keeps playing, infinitely, even when I'm done, and it doesn't go to the next track on my playlist, this happens to me a couple of times a day.

Example in the capture, the song lasts 3.49 but if you see the time it has been playing for 81 minutes.

Thank you.

Screenshot_2020-10-13-05-19-16-325_com.spotify.music.jpg
9 Replies

Hey @throtmax, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @throtmax,

Just jumping in here to add some extra info to what @Billy-J suggested.

In the screenshot you sent us we see that the repeat button has been turned on. While it's activated your songs/ playlists will be looped. You can learn how manage that and other playback settings in this support article.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Keep well!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, maybe I expressed badly.

Yes, I have the repeat option activated, but the song is the playlist, at certain times, at the end of the song, it should sound again, with its respective time (do not keep advancing the clock without sound, this is not a repeat loop ), what happens is that the song ends, and it stops playing, time simply advances to infinity (if I leave it like that it never ends), and there is no sound.

What do I do to solve it, jump to the next track and that's it.

This is quite annoying, actually.

Hey @throtmax,

Thanks for the follow up and describing your situation so well!

In that case, did you give the steps that @Billy-J posted a go? Such issues are usually caused by a corrupted cache and this is a simple fix.

If the problem persists, could you share if you experience the same behavior on another device or in the web player?  We'd also appreciate a recording of the issue. Just make sure to hide any private info.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply!

Mihail Moderator

I do have the same issue in 3 different devices. Though all are connected to a speaker.

Hey @huhuk81,

Thanks for reporting this!
Could you let us know which speaker the issue is occurring with and if you use Bluetooth or the Connect function of the app to connect to it?

We'd also like to know if this happens only when the phones are connected to that specific speaker and, if not - I'd take a look if changing the network (to a hotspot for example) would make a difference 🙂

We'll be on the lookout for you reply!

VasilModerator

Hi, I have the same issue and it happens to both me and my wife when using spotify connect to connect to the living room streamer (pi4 running volumio). I've tried reinstalling both our spotify apps and clearing cache. Problems persists.

We do have two different speakers. One is based on Sonos and the other one is kind of using Chromecast. It only happens when using the "Connect" feature on the Chromecast build speaker - the other one (Sonos) is not affected yet. We cant change the network but it happens on different devices - both Android.

Hi @huhuk81, @CorG 

Thanks for the replies. As @Vasil mentioned, you can also use a hotspot to test if changing the network has any affect on the behaviour. Try creating a hotspot with one of your phones and see how it goes.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator

Suggested posts