Premium

Country

Chile

Device

Samsung J2 core

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I had to change my cellphone and in the new one the music I download is deleted every day and start to downloaded again. I already try a clean restart and remains the same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Ivan

Hey there @clauflocoro

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one on the affected device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's performance. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

We also suggest you try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp

View solution in original post

15 Replies

tunaman_jim
Regular

I'm having a similar problem. My phone - a Moto (g)power, 2020 version - did an OTA upgrade to Android 11 three weeks ago. Ever since, around once a week the Spotify app switches from "SD Card" to "Device Storage" without my asking and downloads all 1,700 files again (taking 17GB of internal storage with it).

The phone was kind of laggy after the Android 11 upgrade, so I did a full factory reset, which included reinstalling Spotify. This fixed most of the lagging, but the Spotify problem persists.

Although no other apps (or Android itself) report any problems with the SD card, I went ahead and bought a new SanDisk 128GB card last week... and it's currently downloading all my files for the second time since putting in the new card.

This is EXTREMELY annoying. Any ideas?

Eni

Hey @tunaman_jim

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

In this case, we suggest reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can further assist you with this.

Hope it gest sorted out soon. We'll be right here in case you need anything else.

Cheers!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp
Solution!

Ivan

Hey there @clauflocoro

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one on the affected device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's performance. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

We also suggest you try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

IvanModerator

View solution in original post

clauflocoro
Casual Listener

Thank you, Ivan. Apparently it was a data cleaning of my cellphone.

Regards. 

Ivan

Hey there @clauflocoro

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We’re happy to hear this is fixed for you.

Now you can enjoy your music with Spotify. 

Thank you and take care! 

IvanModerator

user-removed
Not applicable

I got the same issue, tried it all, nothing fixed.

Novy

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

We'd first recommend making sure that you're not using any battery saving/task killing apps, as these could cause issues with Spotify's cache. 

Also, would you mind letting us know if you've already tried a clean reinstall of the app? Keep in mind that this is different than simply reinstalling and can help clearing any corrupted files that might be causing this behavior. 

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

user-removed
Not applicable

Did not work

Novy

Hi @user-removed, 

Thanks for your reply.

Could you let us know if the same thing happens when you log into your account using a different device?

It's also worth giving it a try using a different connection. 

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator

user-removed
Not applicable

Yes with different device as well as different accounts

Novy

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Would you mind sending over your device's make, model, exact OS version and Spotify version so we can take a better look?

Also, could you let us know if you noticed anything new using a different connection?

We'll be right here.

NovyModerator

Lu67
Casual Listener
Found an easy fix. Long press the app icon and tap "i". You'll be on app settings of samsung menu... there, you only have to review app permissions. ALLOW acess to memory. For some reason, my S10e keeps changing this. Open again spotify and you're all set.

Hope this helps.

user-removed
Not applicable

Nothing change on that either.

Spec: Galaxy M21, OneUi2.5Core, 4GB64, 8.5.89.901

CarlosE

Hey again @user-removed,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you let us know what connections have you tried, along with the make, model, and OS version of the other devices where you're having this issue?

Also, if you're using a VPN, try disconnecting it as it can interfere with the app's performance.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

user-removed
Not applicable

Ah, appreciate your help but I am going to stop using Spotify in few days, so it does not matter anymore.

SUGGESTED POSTS