Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need help upgrading to premium from free trial and changing my country.

Need help upgrading to premium from free trial and changing my country.

So I Spotify yesterday and I love it. I'm trying to upgrade my account to premium but every time I get to my credit card screen it's telling me the payment can't be completed. I live in the United states Virgin Islands. On my profile screen it won't let me change my country either. Can anyone help me out?
21 Replies

I know this will sound weird but Spotify isn't available in the US Virgin Islands. If you have a USA payment methid, you can set your country to USA and create a premium account that way.

@jwylot wrote:

I know this will sound weird but Spotify isn't available in the US Virgin Islands. If you have a USA payment methid, you can set your country to USA and create a premium account that way.

Isn't it technically the same as the US? I never understood the USVI, are they a different country or are they part of the US?

Liam

@Joe 

It's a US territory, yes. This issue applies to a bunch of territories, I think there's mention in the FAQs......here.

@jwylot wrote:

It's a US territory, yes. This issue applies to a bunch of territories, I think there's mention in the FAQs......here.

Hang on, that page says Spotify is available in the US V.I...

Ooops.....when did they sneak that in? Does your payment method originate from US VI too, @Busterwolf ?

Yes it does! But the thing is when I go to my account page it's not letting my change my country info. If it matters I linked my facebook to my Spotify.

Where does your IP geolocate to?

Can you go this page and see if you can update payment details?

Also, is the country greyed out in your profile?

Ya it's greyed out. I'll check your link and get back to you. I'm on my cellphone as well if that helps.

That page isn't working either. But that list didn't contain the usvi on it. Just USA.

@Busterwolf wrote:
That page isn't working either. But that list didn't contain the usvi on it. Just USA.

Did you add a payment method? What happened when you tried?

Did you try and select USA?

If it still doesn't work, I shall escalate it 🙂

Liam

Ya I selected USA, still nothing. I have a visa card and a Mastercard I selected them because their under one option and still nothing. Sigh... Life in the islands.

@Busterwolf wrote:
Ya I selected USA, still nothing. I have a visa card and a Mastercard I selected them because their under one option and still nothing. Sigh... Life in the islands.

Do things like this happen on other sites?

I'll escalate it, but try Paypal, if you can 🙂

Liam

Unfortunately I don't have access to pay pal. And the only other thing that flat out does not work with my credit card is iTunes.

Just so you know, I have escalated it to the staff 🙂 I would give you the link, but you wouldn't be able to access it 😉

Liam

Thanks alot Liam. I hope this issue can be resolved somehow.

Hey Busterwolf, looking at your account I can see you've managed to create a subscription now.

Anything else we can help you with?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Well I ended up using my girlfriends credit card because it's based out of the USA, but it was trying to prevent that. At any rate it works for now I guess. Kinda off topic but has anyone ever came across mislabeled music?

@Busterwolf wrote:
Well I ended up using my girlfriends credit card because it's based out of the USA, but it was trying to prevent that. At any rate it works for now I guess. Kinda off topic but has anyone ever came across mislabeled music?

For content errors, see this thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Music-FAQs-You-want-to-read-this-first/td-p/440574

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

so is the free spotify available in the us virgin islands?

i thought from reading that it said it was. and i tried to change country or settings but mine is greyed out too

Suggested posts