Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need help upgrading to premium from free trial and changing my country.

Need help upgrading to premium from free trial and changing my country.

So I Spotify yesterday and I love it. I'm trying to upgrade my account to premium but every time I get to my credit card screen it's telling me the payment can't be completed. I live in the United states Virgin Islands. On my profile screen it won't let me change my country either. Can anyone help me out?
21 Replies

@kuhlmas wrote:

so is the free spotify available in the us virgin islands?

i thought from reading that it said it was. and i tried to change country or settings but mine is greyed out too

Yes it is - you should be able to use Spotify free as a US customer in the US Virgin Islands. 

Full list of available territories is here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The USVI is not a country.  The USVI is not a state.  The USVI is a U.S. territory.

U.S. territories are: the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands.

Territories of the United States are a type of political division that is directly overseen by the United States federal government, in contrast to states, which share sovereignty with the federal government. 

Even though they are U.S. citizens, U.S. Virgin Islands residents cannot vote in presidential elections. The USVI has representation in Congress but the representative cannot vote in Congress.

U.S. Virgin Islands residents, however, are able to vote in presidential primary elections for delegates to the Democratic National Convention and the Republican National Convention.

Hope that helps!

Suggested posts