Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New 12.06.2012 release stops playing music in 5-10 min. intervals

Solved!

New 12.06.2012 release stops playing music in 5-10 min. intervals

Hi,

I had the beta-version until yesterday when the official, new Android app went online.

The new version stops playing music from time to time.

The startup screen (playlists) is also being a big "buggy" - just loading a blank screen. Hard restart of the app seems to fix the problem sometimes.

Running HTC One X with latest SW update.

39 Replies

I also got this problem when my phone did an update of spotify. As someone else wrote, it doesn't matter if I'm streaming or playing music stored on the phone.

Please fix this ASAP Spotify!

You should mail it to their support like I did.

Just wanted to throw in a "Me too" , exact same problem.

If this isnt going to get fixed soon I wont be paying for another month of premium.

Playing my music on the go is the main reason i got spotify premium and i seriously wont put my phone in "airplane mode" when i want to listen to music

If this isnt going to get fixed soon I wont be paying for another month of premium.

Playing my music on the go is the main reason i got spotify premium and i seriously wont put my phone in "airplane mode" when i want to listen to music

---------------

I will not be renewing my subscription.  I've switched to rdio which actually has NO bugs that I've found on it's mobile app.  I'll miss the spotify user community but I'll give that up for being able to play music on the go which was the only reason I was paying for spotify.

Throwing in an obligatory "me too".

This is such a bad bug. I understand that there are so many other issues with the app, like not being able to store music on an SD Card, but this issue literally prevents me from using the app at all. I can't even stream anything without it cutting out after one song. This would be an unacceptable issue even if the service was free, the fact that I pay for it makes it so much worse.

Same for me until..... i switched to RDIO 🙂

I am still paying spotify because it is much nicer but frankly, Rdio just works !

*****IMPORTANT EDIT as of Aug 1st *******

OMG!  Since the 0.5.2.87 update, I have had no bugs, or disconnection at all.

I will happily renew my membership that I had cancelled

SAME problem here as well! Cancelling prem. account

After upgrading my phone to CyanogenMod 7.2 (from 7.1) and moving the app back from the sd card to the internal memory of my phone the bug seems to be gone. Very strange. As I had the bug on CM9 too, I guess that moving the app back to the internal storage might be a solution. Maybe you could give it a try.

edit:

After moving the app back to the sd card, the bug is back again. I'll do some more tests, but it looks like this might be a solution for me.

edit2: Nevermind, bug still isn't completely gone, but at least it doesn't happen as often as before.

Same problem here with HTC Desire HD, tried on HTC One X too.. same problem

Troubleshooting steps (Clear data, uninstall, turn off/on reinstall) did not help

"Spotify is offline" and stops playing - even in offline mode (have not tried airplane mode - that's just not working)

Will cancel if spotify won't acknowledge this as a problem VERY SOON!

Spotify: WAKE UP AND FIX IT - YOU ARE   L O S I N G    CUSTOMERS FFS!

Looks like this is finally fixed with the latest update.

Neat. I'm updating ATM. I'll report back here if the bug is fixed.

Fingers crossed 🙂

Marked as solution

Please do let us know if it isn't fixed. And if not, please follow the steps in the troubleshooting topic: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Troubleshooting-Spotify-on-Android/td-p/113082

Community Ergo Sum

I am pleased to acknowledge that the bug is now gone.

Playback have been stable ever since the last upgrade.

Still: it took a long time to resolve this. If I didn't use Spotify on Win/Mac I would strongly consider pulling the subscription.

Thanks to everyone keeping this thread alive and reporting.

what was the fix?

The new version (31.7.12) of the Android client. I just resubscribed and am looking forward to enjoying Spotify once more 🙂

Seriously though, this took longer than it had to...

thanks, i am all over the iphone forums, thinking of moving to my razr andriod to see if things work bettah!

Spotify stops playing in the middel of the tracks ALSO AFTER THE NEW UPDATE... I am a premium member and until last week never experienced this problem.... It is really annoying and disappointing to see that the UPDATE DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

Please fix it ASAP.

cheers 

I have a premium account and use the Spotify app on my Droid Razr Maxx (Verizon). If I pause music play for a few hours and then try to resume play, no audio comes out of the phone speaker or headphones jack. I immediately switch to another music app and get audio just fine, so I know there is no problem with my hardware or setting. The problem resolves after rebooting the phone. (Force closing the app does not resolve the problem.)

Hi there 😉 ,

i think i got that Problem (discribing here) too... It randomly stop/pause the playback ...

NO CRASH or whatever, just stop playing the musik on Mobile Device. (on Windows PC, it works perfectly)

-Downloaded the music yesterday on the device..

-Headphones are plugged

-Offline Mode (Spotifi is in offline mode)

-Spotify on Mobile 0.5.4.73 (0.7.1.5795.gbec773d4)

-Android 4.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300)

is there a known bug / troubleshooting.... ?! i cant find same situations, and sry im new here.

pls help 🙂

Suggested posts