Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Android App Version Not Working On Galaxy S3

New Android App Version Not Working On Galaxy S3

Hey People,

I was not sure where to post this but thought I would share my recent experience in the event it may help any other frustrated Samsung Galaxy S3 spotify users.

Problem: I went to use Spotify on my Galaxy S3 and I could not download any playlists. Everything else about the app worked fine, could play music (connected to wifi at the time) see all the playlists under "all" but I could not download any playlists which meant the app was pretty much useless to me.

I tried every fix (re-installed about 6 times, rebooted phone, turned off phone and took battery out, played with 3g/4g setting etc) and bar doing a factory reset which was not an option and nothing worked at all.

Solution: I found this thread

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/ATTENTION-Here-is-how-to-get-the-old-app-back/td-p/7951...

Which goes through the process of downloading and installing an old version of the app (make sure to change the setting to allow app installs from sources other than only google play).

And now everything is working fine!

Moral to the story: Spotify you seem to have some problems with your latest upgrade as my app was working fine before the update and is working fine now with an older version installed.

My phone is stock standard so I would assume there are many people facing the same issues.

Anyway hope this might help someone!!

3 Replies

Which update? The one issued today? Did it work with previous versions?

Liam

The app has been playing up for a few days now. I am not sure of when the update happened that caused the issue but I would say it was in the last week or so.

When you have the energy for another reinstall (if necessary), do try today's release version 0.6.6 to see if it works for you 🙂

Suggested posts