Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify playing reverse only with Android auto

Instead of playing the right "forward" sequence of musics, it goes in "reverse" sequence. Only with Android Auto connection to the car. No matter if the music ends and switch automatically, or if I push the "forward" button. No issues with the same a...

• Visitor
  • Instead of playing the right "forward" sequence of musics, it goes in "reverse" sequence. Only with Android Auto connection to the car. No matter if the music ends and switch automatically, or if I p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing Song, Again

What happened to the original version of Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band? It was available a month ago. Now it has suddenly disappeared, replaced by a bogus version. Can't you people do anything right? You seem to have à chronic probl...

• What happened to the original version of Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band? It was available a month ago. Now it has suddenly disappeared, replaced by a bogus version. Can't you people ...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Keeps pausing when going from a song to a podcast (and vice versa)

For some reason if I'm listening to a playlist with both podcasts and music in it (i.e. my Daily Drive), whenever Spotify transitions from playing a song to a podcast, it just paused at the start of the podcast (and the same from podcasts to songs).I...

• For some reason if I'm listening to a playlist with both podcasts and music in it (i.e. my Daily Drive), whenever Spotify transitions from playing a song to a podcast, it just paused at the start of ...
  • Maria
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Issues With a dim unresponsive screen on startup

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceMotorola ThinkPhoneOperating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueWhenever I start Spotify when connected to my vehicle it will start and then the screen will go dim and become completely unresponsive like a popup...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Motorola ThinkPhone Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue Whenever I start Spotify when connected to my vehicle it will start and...
  • MiLe138
  • 53 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 53 replies
  • 14 likes

Empty playlists

My Spotify won't let me play anything. All my playlists are empty, podcasts have no episodes and it won't show my liked songs Plan Premium Country Nigeria Device Pixel 6a Operating System Android 14

• Visitor
  • My Spotify won't let me play anything. All my playlists are empty, podcasts have no episodes and it won't show my liked songs   Plan   Premium   Country   Nigeria  &...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Smart shuffle does not create a new mix/shuffle order

Whenever I turn smart shuffle on, it does not generate a new shuffle order. It queues the exact same songs in the exact same order every time. Unlike regular shuffle which creates a new mix everytime it is turned off and on, smart shuffle queues the ...

• Visitor
  • Whenever I turn smart shuffle on, it does not generate a new shuffle order. It queues the exact same songs in the exact same order every time. Unlike regular shuffle which creates a new mix everytime...
  • Pietjebell880
  • Casual Listener
  • 88 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 88 replies
  • 21 likes

Spotify doesn't stop playing music when I play a video/audio on other apps

PlanPremiumCountryMoroccoDeviceXiaomi Redmi note 8 pro Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueSpotify doesn't stop playing music when I play a video/audio on other apps or when making calls.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Morocco Device Xiaomi Redmi note 8 pro  Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Spotify doesn't stop playing music when I play a video/audi...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Let me permanently disable Smart Shuffle

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: Pixel 3xl I do not want to use Smart Shuffle, at all, ever. For the past few months it has been screwing up my Liked Songs and it is extremely annoying. When I turn off shuffle because I am in a block of songs I want ...

• Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: Pixel 3xl   I do not want to use Smart Shuffle, at all, ever. For the past few months it has been screwing up my Liked Songs and it is extremely annoying. ...
  • Rakushun
  • Casual Listener
  • 23 replies
  • 185 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 185 likes

Superuser Contribution Music pauses but appears to still be playing - Pixel 7

PlanDuo/coupleCountryCanadaDevicePixel 4, 7Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Music will randomly pause. The progress bar continues to move forward and the pause button is still showing but there is no audio. When I press pause the progress...

•   Plan Duo/couple Country Canada Device Pixel 4, 7 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue   Music will randomly pause. The progress bar continues to move forward a...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Secrets Of A "Play Next" Button

How about a feature that plays a song you selected, immediately after the track already playing and ignore what may be next on the current playlist or album?

• Regular
  • How about a feature that plays a song you selected, immediately after the track already playing and ignore what may be next on the current playlist or album?
  • mattsoave
  • Casual Listener
  • 35 replies
  • 30 likes
  • 35 replies
  • 30 likes

Superuser Contribution Storage switched back to internal at every reboot (I've found the solution!)

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceXiaomi Mi A2 LiteOperating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueI have encoutered this issue and many post with people with problems rebooting the phone and mantaining the storage option properly configured as SD card.I...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue I have encoutered this issue and many post with people with problems reboo...
  • David050558
  • Casual Listener
  • 16 replies
  • 7 likes
  • external memory
    sd card troubleshooting
  • 16 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Clicking Shuffle Twice does not unshuffle

PlanPremiumCountryirrelevant DeviceAll android devices i've used so far. Xiaomi mi 10, pixel 6, pixel 7 pro.Operating SystemAndroid 10, 11, 13. My Question or IssueThe shuffle button in the now playing screen is supposed to cycle between not shuffled...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country irrelevant   Device All android devices i've used so far. Xiaomi mi 10, pixel 6, pixel 7 pro. Operating System Android 10, 11, 13.   My Question or Issue The...
  • mahervelous
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't enable shuffle into default

PlanPremiumDeviceNokia 6.1 PlusOperating SystemAndroid PieMy Question or IssueIs this bug or something?This used to work in old UI but after downgrading to new UI, I can't seem to make shuffle enable by default.And no, "shuffle now" button is not the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Nokia 6.1 Plus Operating System Android Pie My Question or Issue Is this bug or something? This used to work in old UI but after downgrading to new UI, I can't seem t...
  • evolart
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify App shows empty albums / no songs in albums

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or Issue I recently did a clean reinstall of the Spotify app because it was crashing randomly during playback. Now I have the problem that every album I try to vie...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue   I recently did a clean reinstall of the Spotify app because it was crashi...
  • satyam12295
  • Visitor
  • 28 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 28 replies
  • 9 likes

still connected to web player

I listen to Spotify web player on Microsoft edge while at work. It keeps sending me a notification to my phone that I am still connected to web player and then it will start running in the background on my phone is there a way to stop this from happe...

• I listen to Spotify web player on Microsoft edge while at work. It keeps sending me a notification to my phone that I am still connected to web player and then it will start running in the background...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Time bar not working properly

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceGalaxy s20 ultra Operating SystemAnsroid 13 My Question or IssueThe time bar does not work properly, the music is playing but has no time or time progress. On my car, the infotainment does not recognise that is play something...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Galaxy s20 ultra  Operating System Ansroid 13   My Question or Issue The time bar does not work properly, the music is playing but has no time o...
  • Floh
  • Regular
  • 63 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 63 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify replaying some of the same songs

When I play a playlist or radio, and that song list ends, Spotify goes on to play songs in the same vein as what I was just listening to. I have 'Autoplay similar content' enabled in the settings, so this is what I want. However, when the playlist or...

• When I play a playlist or radio, and that song list ends, Spotify goes on to play songs in the same vein as what I was just listening to. I have 'Autoplay similar content' enabled in the settings, so...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Where did offline mode go?

I don't have premium currently, and offline mode is gone. I used offline mode because for some reason downloaded podcasts would stream and eat data anyway. Was offline mode a premium feature? If yes, does that mean that now downloaded podcasts won't ...

• I don't have premium currently, and offline mode is gone. I used offline mode because for some reason downloaded podcasts would stream and eat data anyway. Was offline mode a premium feature? If yes,...
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Fix a bug "business et Tech" category

hello,In the French version of your apps (both Android and Playstore), in the podcasts library, the link behind the "Business et Tech" category is broken. Could be a nice thing to fix.

• Visitor
  • hello, In the French version of your apps (both Android and Playstore), in the podcasts library, the link behind the "Business et Tech" category is broken.  Could be a nice thing to fix. 
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes