Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Unusable

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceGalaxy S21Operating SystemAndeoid Version 14 One UI Version 6 My Question or IssueSpotify has been lagging for awhile. It would say it was offline when it wasn't, songs just stopping and restarting minutes later, nothing wo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Galaxy S21 Operating System Andeoid Version 14 One UI Version 6   My Question or Issue Spotify has been lagging for awhile. It would say it was offline ...
  • Skyborg
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs stop and start when my Google Pixel 7 is locked.

I am getting increasingly frustrated. Over the last week my songs just start and stop playing randomly when my phone screen is locked or when it times out and locks itself. It entirely defeats the purpose of a music app. I have unpaired and repaired ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am getting increasingly frustrated. Over the last week my songs just start and stop playing randomly when my phone screen is locked or when it times out and locks itself. It entirely defeats the pu...
  • AlejaR
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution "Add to Your Episodes" does not do anything

PlanFree/Premium DeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android 12 My Question or IssueOn Android, if you follow the notification for a podcast and try to add it your episodes, the "Add to Your Episodes" does not do anything. It looks really novi...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium   Device Samsung Galaxy S10+   Operating System  Android 12   My Question or Issue On Android, if you follow the notification for a podcast and try to ...
  • AlejaR
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop showing me full page ads when I pay for Premium?

I went through the app's notification settings and disabled them, but today I got another stupid full screen ad I am forced to manually dismiss. Please let me turn this garbage off, seeing one every time I load the app when I pay specifically to avoi...

• Casual Listener
  • I went through the app's notification settings and disabled them, but today I got another stupid full screen ad I am forced to manually dismiss. Please let me turn this garbage off, seeing one every ...
  • blujaybird
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Flashing Between Thumbnail and Video

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10eOperating SystemAndroid 12Spotify Version8.8.22.510 My Question or IssueThere seems to be a visual bug that causes the screen to flicker between the thumbnail and music videoSteps to Reproduce Minimize...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S10e Operating System Android 12 Spotify Version 8.8.22.510   My Question or Issue There seems to be a visual bug that causes the sc...
  • AlejaR
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android widget not working

PlanPremiumCountryChileDeviceSamsung S23 Ultra with One UI 6.1Operating SystemAndroid 14My Question or IssueThe widget is not working for me. I have a Samsung S23 Ultra with One UI 6.1 (the issue comes since One UI 6.0) and the Spotify version is 8.9...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Chile Device Samsung S23 Ultra with One UI 6.1 Operating System Android 14 My Question or Issue The widget is not working for me. I have a Samsung S23 Ultra with One UI ...
  • AlejaR
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sleep Timer Missing after recent update

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DevicePixel 7Operating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueSince my last Spotify update the sleep timer is missing from the menu when I click on the 3 dots on from the now playing part of my Spotify app.App updated on 11th Ja...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Pixel 7 Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue Since my last Spotify update the sleep timer is missing from the menu when I click on...
  • Jkay_
  • Visitor
  • 79 replies
  • 46 likes
  • 79 replies
  • 46 likes

Superuser Contribution Playing an empty queue on free Spotify

I am using the free plan of Spotify on a Google Pixel 6a. Twice now I have tried to listen to a playlist on my phone (which I had had no problems with in the past) in which one song will play before playing a song from the "queue". Now, I did have a ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using the free plan of Spotify on a Google Pixel 6a. Twice now I have tried to listen to a playlist on my phone (which I had had no problems with in the past) in which one song will play before ...
  • Yordan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App for Android TV doesn't work

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevicePhilips Full HD Android TVOperating SystemAndroid TV My Question or IssueThe Spotify app for Android TV is not working. Songs play for 8 seconds without sound and then skip to the next song, again without sound. Other...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Philips Full HD Android TV Operating System Android TV   My Question or Issue The Spotify app for Android TV is not working. Songs play for 8 seco...
  • Shred00
  • Music Fan
  • 109 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 109 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify on walkman

Each time I reboot walkman all downloads disappear app wont see sd card.. reinstal app and i get spotify storage back with sd card.. is any ways to make app work without this issue and do not download playlist each time when i turn it on.

• Visitor
  • Each time I reboot walkman all downloads disappear app wont see sd card.. reinstal app and i get spotify storage back with sd card.. is any ways to make app work without this issue and do not downloa...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Folders are turning saved albums into playlists under my name?

PlanPremium DuoCountryNew ZealandDevice(Samsung Galaxy S20 FEOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueThe folders feature is turning saved albums and playlists into playlists under my name. I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix it and I...

• Plan Premium Duo Country New Zealand Device (Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Operating System Android  My Question or Issue The folders feature is turning saved albums and playlists into playlist...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • "android"
    Folder Playlist
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What do I do if Spotify won't play anything? No matter if downloaded or not

It doesn't matter which song I select, it just won't play. I was listening to a song, and everything broke after that song was finished. I exited offline mode to check if that was the issue but it wasn't.

• Visitor
  • It doesn't matter which song I select, it just won't play. I was listening to a song, and everything broke after that song was finished. I exited offline mode to check if that was the issue but it wa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My song keeps playing infinitely

PlanFamily PremiumCountryChileDeviceMI BOX SOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueMy song keeps playing, infinitely, even when I'm done, and it doesn't go to the next track on my playlist, this happens to me a couple of times a day.Example in...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Premium Country Chile Device MI BOX S Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue My song keeps playing, infinitely, even when I'm done, and it doesn't go to the next...
  • huhuk81
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • endless
    infinitely
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Wrong artwork cover on car's Bluetooth.

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceDeviceNothing Phone 1 Operating SystemAndroid 13CarHyundai Tucson (2021) My Question or IssueMobile connected via Bluetooth (not android auto with cable, only Bluetooth).Music plays from Spotify. The title and the artwork cove...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Greece Device Nothing Phone 1  Operating System Android 13 Car Hyundai Tucson (2021)   My Question or Issue Mobile connected via Bluetooth (not android...
  • ilkereryilmaz
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 2 likes
  • artwork cover
    avrcp
    bluetooth
  • 66 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't add a song to my local files playlist.

I'm attempting to add a song to my local files playlist. I have local files enabled, and using the mobile app on android. Only one song is in my local files playlist, but it's not the song I'm trying to add. The song I'm trying to add is a song mashu...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm attempting to add a song to my local files playlist. I have local files enabled, and using the mobile app on android. Only one song is in my local files playlist, but it's not the song I'm trying...
  • UnknownCop
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Get the Best Experience on Android 12..." Pop Up

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceGalaxy Note 20 UltraOperating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueI keep getting a pop up that says "Get the best Spotify experience on Android 12...Allow Bluetooth". I don't necessarily see a reason to allow bluetooth sinc...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue I keep getting a pop up that says "Get the best Spotify experience on Android 12....
  • mwarnslei
  • Casual Listener
  • 94 replies
  • 44 likes
  • 94 replies
  • 44 likes

Aplicativo muito lento

Meu aplicativo ta podre de ruim, ja desinstalei, limpei o cache. Fiz tudo que podia fazer mas nada adianta, demora muito pra podruzir uma música e o tempo inteiro aparece como se eu estivesse no modo offline mesmo nos dados móveis, antes eu conseguia...

• Meu aplicativo ta podre de ruim, ja desinstalei, limpei o cache. Fiz tudo que podia fazer mas nada adianta, demora muito pra podruzir uma música e o tempo inteiro aparece como se eu estivesse no modo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Order of playlists in folder doesn't stay alphabetical

Since one of the recent updates of the Android App the order of playlists in a folder doesn't stay Alphabetical any more but always changes back to Recent. I can change it as often as I want to Alphabetical, the app simply ignores my wish. Very annoy...

• Casual Listener
  • Since one of the recent updates of the Android App the order of playlists in a folder doesn't stay Alphabetical any more but always changes back to Recent. I can change it as often as I want to Alpha...
  • Eni
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Storage switched back to internal at every reboot (I've found the solution!)

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceXiaomi Mi A2 LiteOperating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueI have encoutered this issue and many post with people with problems rebooting the phone and mantaining the storage option properly configured as SD card.I...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue I have encoutered this issue and many post with people with problems reboo...
  • Priyangkam_007
  • Casual Listener
  • 19 replies
  • 7 likes
  • external memory
    sd card troubleshooting
  • 19 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Smart shuffle does not create a new mix/shuffle order

Whenever I turn smart shuffle on, it does not generate a new shuffle order. It queues the exact same songs in the exact same order every time. Unlike regular shuffle which creates a new mix everytime it is turned off and on, smart shuffle queues the ...

• Visitor
  • Whenever I turn smart shuffle on, it does not generate a new shuffle order. It queues the exact same songs in the exact same order every time. Unlike regular shuffle which creates a new mix everytime...
  • 5p0tison
  • Casual Listener
  • 95 replies
  • 27 likes
  • 95 replies
  • 27 likes