Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Add to Your Episodes" does not do anything

PlanFree/Premium DeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android 12 My Question or IssueOn Android, if you follow the notification for a podcast and try to add it your episodes, the "Add to Your Episodes" does not do anything. It looks really novi...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium   Device Samsung Galaxy S10+   Operating System  Android 12   My Question or Issue On Android, if you follow the notification for a podcast and try to ...
  • MartinT
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Comment overlay during video playback

While watching a JRE episode an overlay came up with the Q & A on my Samsung tablet. It won't go away a´d is obscuring the subtitles which is a pain. My dad likes to watch these, but as an elderly person he needs these. On my Phone (also Samsung) it ...

• While watching a JRE episode an overlay came up with the Q & A on my Samsung tablet. It won't go away a´d is obscuring the subtitles which is a pain. My dad likes to watch these, but as an elder...
  • MartinT
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't select songs

I am a Premium member using an Android phone. I used to be able to select any song from any artist or playlist. That is now no longer an option. Literally one day it was working and the next it was not. I have logged out and back in, made sure the ap...

• I am a Premium member using an Android phone. I used to be able to select any song from any artist or playlist. That is now no longer an option. Literally one day it was working and the next it was n...
  • MartinT
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music plays by itself after bluetooth disconnected

I'm having an issue with spotify playing music by itself. This happens mostly when I disconnect a bluetooth device. The app shows no music playing and the only way I can stop the music is by going into 'App Setting' on my phone and 'Force Stop' the a...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having an issue with spotify playing music by itself. This happens mostly when I disconnect a bluetooth device. The app shows no music playing and the only way I can stop the music is by going in...
  • timelog
  • Casual Listener
  • 44 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't turn down the bass booster

I turned off Spotify connect to be able to turn the bass boost up and it sounds horrible and now I can't turn it back down. Help pls

• Visitor
  • I turned off Spotify connect to be able to turn the bass boost up and it sounds horrible and now I can't turn it back down. Help pls
  • Ivelina
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't add a song to my local files playlist.

I'm attempting to add a song to my local files playlist. I have local files enabled, and using the mobile app on android. Only one song is in my local files playlist, but it's not the song I'm trying to add. The song I'm trying to add is a song mashu...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm attempting to add a song to my local files playlist. I have local files enabled, and using the mobile app on android. Only one song is in my local files playlist, but it's not the song I'm trying...
  • Joan
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Galaxy Watch 4 Offline Music Not Working

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceGalaxy Watch 4Operating SystemWatch OS My Question or IssueWhen I download offline playlists, it keeps disappearing and I have to redownload them again.EDIT:6/13/22 Update just fixed it for me.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Galaxy Watch 4 Operating System Watch OS   My Question or Issue When I download offline playlists, it keeps disappearing and I have to redownload the...
  • uriulet
  • Casual Listener
  • 37 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 37 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify starts playing automatically when a bluetooth device is connected and phone makes a sound

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceSamsung S9Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueWhenever a bluetooth device is connected to my phone, Spotify automatically starts playing the last song it was paused on if my phone makes any "noise". If I recie...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Norway Device Samsung S9 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Whenever a bluetooth device is connected to my phone, Spotify automatically sta...
  • jorgesilberstein
  • Visitor
  • 67 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Android
    autoplay
    bluetooth
  • 67 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Cannot sort playlists from oldest to most recent anymore

DeviceLG Stylo 5 My Question or IssueI used to be able to tap 'Recently added' a second time when sorting songs in playlists so that I could play songs from oldest to newest. Now I can only sort the songs from newest to oldest. Was this feature taken...

• Device LG Stylo 5   My Question or Issue I used to be able to tap 'Recently added' a second time when sorting songs in playlists so that I could play songs from oldest to newest. Now I can o...
  • Vasil
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops briefly when I open WhatsApp

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceRedmi Note 13 Pro+ 5GOperating System Android 13 My Question or Issue Hello, every time I listen to Spotify via Bluetooth headphones and open the WhatsApp app, playback stops for a short time. When I leave WhatsApp, it ...

•   Plan Premium Country Germany Device Redmi Note 13 Pro+ 5G Operating System  Android 13   My Question or Issue   Hello, every time I listen to Spotify via Bluetooth h...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Everytime an artist releases a new song it gets added to my 'liked songs'

PlanFreeCountryRomaniaDeviceSamsung Galaxy A71Operating SystemAndroid 13 Issue:So, a long time ago I presaved a song from the artist Martin Garrix. Ever since then, for the past couple of years, his new singles have been automatically added to my Lik...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Romania Device Samsung Galaxy A71 Operating System Android 13   Issue: So, a long time ago I presaved a song from the artist Martin Garrix. Ever since then, for the p...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Офлайн режим

Приложение не подключается к интернету. Все время работает в офлай режиме

• Visitor
  • Приложение не подключается к интернету. Все время работает в офлай режиме
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I access my playlist?

None of my downloaded music is displaying on my playlist. Everything is faintly displayed not highlighted and it's showing something went wrong

• Regular
  • None of my downloaded music is displaying on my playlist. Everything is faintly displayed not highlighted and it's showing something went wrong
  • Roseline_young
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Starts Playing Random Playlists When I Open the App When Connected to Car Bluetooth.

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S22Operating SystemAndroid 14 (One UI 6.0) My Question or IssueThis issue started happening about a month ago, after an update. Whenever Spotify is connected to my car's bluetooth, everytime I open the app...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S22 Operating System Android 14 (One UI 6.0)   My Question or Issue This issue started happening about a month ago, after an update. ...
  • Dmchan
  • Visitor
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution lokal fils on cellphone

I have local file on my PC and can see and play them on Spotify app on my computer, but on my android it is still gray and can't be played, help wanted

• Regular
  • I have local file on my PC and can see and play them on Spotify app on my computer, but on my android it is still gray and can't be played, help wanted
  • Eni
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics won't show due to "About the Artist" info showing instead

With the latest update, artist information takes the place of lyrics for some artists. Considering there already is a way to see artist information, but no other way to see lyrics, this chage doesn't seem like it was thought through.

• Gig Goer
  • With the latest update, artist information takes the place of lyrics for some artists. Considering there already is a way to see artist information, but no other way to see lyrics, this chage doesn't...
  • PurpleLove
  • Regular
  • 77 replies
  • 38 likes
  • about the artist
    lyrics
  • 77 replies
  • 38 likes

My Spotify has started stopping after 1, 2 or ecen a few songs it wont play through my playlists.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Time bar not working properly

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceGalaxy s20 ultra Operating SystemAnsroid 13 My Question or IssueThe time bar does not work properly, the music is playing but has no time or time progress. On my car, the infotainment does not recognise that is play something...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Galaxy s20 ultra  Operating System Ansroid 13   My Question or Issue The time bar does not work properly, the music is playing but has no time o...
  • kkml
  • Visitor
  • 65 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 4 likes

Why aren't Podcasts playing the full runtime as advertised?

I've noticed that certain podcasts will have a advertised runtime of over 2 hours, but as soon as I hit play, it shortens to an hour or less. This is on a premium family membership.

• I've noticed that certain podcasts will have a advertised runtime of over 2 hours, but as soon as I hit play, it shortens to an hour or less. This is on a premium family membership.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes