Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Android app very sluggish streaming and unresponsive

New Android app very sluggish streaming and unresponsive

I've had a lot of trouble with the new (not so new anymore) Spotify app that was released on Android. For the most part, this app seems highly incompatible with being on an intermittent network. If there is any network issue, the app becomes unresponsive. So if I only get 3 bars out of five, and I try to start shuffling a playlist, I can click and click and the app doesn't respond. The old app would at least have a UI indicator stating there was no connection. This app gives zero feedback. Is there any chance to get this fixed?

1 Reply

@axel_sc wrote:

I've had a lot of trouble with the new (not so new anymore) Spotify app that was released on Android. For the most part, this app seems highly incompatible with being on an intermittent network. If there is any network issue, the app becomes unresponsive. So if I only get 3 bars out of five, and I try to start shuffling a playlist, I can click and click and the app doesn't respond. The old app would at least have a UI indicator stating there was no connection. This app gives zero feedback. Is there any chance to get this fixed?

I'd recommend a clean install as described in the troubleshooting thread.

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts