Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Liked Songs and Saved Albums problem

Solved!

New Liked Songs and Saved Albums problem

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung S8

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

With the new update to Spotify removing Saved Songs and replacing it with Liked Songs you can no longer have and album saved and songs from that album in your Liked Songs tab, which means I can no longer have an album saved to go back to and also a few songs from that you really like in the Liked Songs to shuffle through.

I'm all for the new changes , but if there is a way a song can both be in a saved album and Liked Songs , it would function a bit better.

108 Replies

Yeah must be. I mean, you see how much I update my phone? Lol I barely even use the apps I have as it is. 

I agree. I sometimes add both entire albums and sometimes indiviual songs to my list, and then shuffle play all of them. Saving an album makeS it go they go into a separate list, and this makes shuffle play of all songs (albums and individual) impossible. Please add a button to add all songs of an album to my liked songs.

This is a terrible feature that fixes a problem that never existed and instead creates a new one. You're essentially saying that instead of users having one place to go to find all the music they've selected (Previously Saved Songs) Now they must remember whether they saved a song or an entire album? I don't even understand what the purpose of changing the interface to this is. As it was before, we could find everything in one giant playlist and then sort it according to Song Title, Artist, Album, Added Date, etc. That was the cleanest and simplest way to find a song. Now if I save an entire album but would like to shuffle all of my music, including this album, I must go back and like each song on the album individually? What a ridiculous idea.

I couldn't agree more. How I used Spotify 99% of the time was to shuffle all my downloaded songs. I'm supposed to "like" each song in every single album to be able to find them at one place now??? This is borderline useless!

Either bring back the downloaded songs, or automatically liking the songs that we downloaded.

As all your other customers are telling you.

You've killed Spotify in one quick update. Overnight the way that I interact and use your service was changed.

It's like you've stripped out most of my music library.

Don't tell me that I can access my old content in the "liked songs list". Noone wants to go from browsing album art to a giant list of text.

Please do the right thing and revert back to your previous system. Otherwise I & my family will have to look at migrating to a different service.

Hey all, I've been frustrated with this too so I came up with a fix:

Desktop:

Go to said artist's page, click on any song, press ctrl + a (sometimes you need to wait for it to properly select all songs), then right click and click 'Save to your liked songs'.

Now all the artist's songs will be saved to your 'Liked Songs', so you can just simply click 'Liked Songs', hit play and shuffle all them bad bwais.

This works for albums too, as in you can select separate albums and use the above method.

Android (probably iOS too):

There is an option to save an album, then find it in your saved albums,  click the options (...) at the top right hand corner of the screen and tap 'Like all songs'.

Admittedly, this requires more work vs the desktop application as there's no option to select all songs by the artist at once and saving them to 'Liked Songs', but an easy workaround is save most of the songs/albums via desktop or laptop before you venture out with your mobile device, which is a lot easier.

I still don't know why Spotify made this decision though, it was better before this update (psssh).

Let me know if this works!

I just saw that I have over 8,000 songs in my "liked" playlist, but I don't remember liking them all. I don't want to have them alll in there, but when I go to delete all of the songs from that playlist, it asks if I want to remove them from my library?

From what I've read, you can't "save" songs/albums anymore without "liking" them. Is that correct?

And if I choose to delete all of my "liked" songs from my library, will that mess up any of my playlists that I have created? I don't care if there are songs in my library or not, but I've spent a lot of time creating my playlists and I don't want those to be affected.

Hey, I've been frustrated with this too so I came up with a fix:

Desktop:

Go to said artist's page, click on any song, press ctrl + a (sometimes you need to wait for it to properly select all songs), then right click and click 'Save to your liked songs'.

Now all the artist's songs will be saved to your 'Liked Songs', so you can just simply click 'Liked Songs', hit play and shuffle all them bad bwais.

This works for albums too, as in you can select separate albums and use the above method.

Android (probably iOS too):

There is an option to save an album, then find it in your saved albums,  click the options (...) at the top right hand corner of the screen and tap 'Like all songs'.

Admittedly, this requires more work vs the desktop application as there's no option to select all songs by the artist at once and saving them to 'Liked Songs', but an easy workaround is save most of the songs/albums via desktop or laptop before you venture out with your mobile device, which is a lot easier.

I still don't know why Spotify made this decision though, it was better before this update (psssh).

Let me know if this works!

Very decent workaround! Saved me lots of clicks 🙂

I'm glad!

Sounds good. Now all I need to do when I discover an album whilst on the train is find a computer, login, load Spotify, find the artist/album and boom. I can then use the shortcut.

On Android (not sure about IOS):

This does work on a desktop. Thanks for the work around!

However, the reality of how I mostly utilize the service is through my cell phone during my commute to and from work. And while I'm glad to be able to add stuff more easily on my macbook, I'd prefer it to be easier on the app. I listen to a little more than 10 hours a week through the app.

Thanks again for the work around!

That being said, a workaround shouldn't be necessary. What was once one step is now more.

Nice that other users are finding ways of making this less annoying, though.

Seriously dismayed that Spotify won't reconsider this.

I'm not actually sure how I should use Spotify anymore. If I save an album, I consider all songs from that album to be in "my library" and so if I shuffle all songs in my library I want the songs in that album to be included. I guess I should just "like" all songs in an album as well, but isn't that going to mess with Spotify's recommendation engine? Because I don't actually "like" all those songs, I just want them in my library. Specific songs I particularly like is different.

Ugh... I have no idea. I guess this is why I pay for Apple Music as well!

This is a radical change in the user experience. The problem is that there is no way to easily access *every* song in my collection, either liked individually or contained in a liked album. Before I could put all of my collection in shuffle play with two clicks. Now, to have the same result, I have to like both an album and every single song in it.  This is a poor user experience.

Yeah, and by liking all songs in an album, it removes the benefit you used
to get from liking specific songs, which would improve the songs you would
be recommended.

I've expressed my frustration to this issue as well on Twitter. Now I have replicating songs appearing in my albums and Liked Songs list as well. Ex. If I have an album saved from BEFORE this change went into effect, I have those individual songs appearing in the Liked Song list as well. It's a mess. Complete un-navigatable mess.

I liked saving specific songs from certain albums, now those albums aren't there and the songs are in my list of Liked Songs which is beyong bloated with duplications.

Please fix this.

Agreed; this is ridiculous - undo your update, Spotify; as you can read, no one likes or appreciates it, most of us are really **bleep** off!

Suggested posts