New Liked Songs and Saved Albums problem

Solved!

Re: New Liked Songs and Saved Albums problem

choppah
Visitor

I recently switched from Apple Music to Spotify. Have to say it was so good with multiple devices and I just loved the wide options but this library system is literally useless. Liked songs and playlists should at least be allowed to made into groups by albums or artists or whatever crieteria I want. I don't really get this change or who asked for it. Well I'm back to AM. Library system is way better and the AI recommendations were much better. The device support and app experience was great but this library management is unacceptable. Funny part is that I don't even own an iPhone. I use Apple Music on Android. Even with the heavy sluggish app, it's just simply easy to find stuff. I'll still follow this thread to know if it's fixed in the future. Untill then, Au Revoir Shoshanna!

ACP73
Visitor

Thought i found something.... nevermind! 

Thavth
Casual Listener

It would be extreamly helpful to have a menu option where you can add all the songs in an album to the Liked Songs list.

Here is an example where this is very very useful:

New Spotify user. They have a large amount of albums that they like.

They would like to be able to play any of the songs randomly from all of these albums.

They have to go into each album and add each song individually and this is extreamly labourious.

This is actually the senario I faced when I first joined spotify, but then you changed it so that when you added the album to your library all the songs were added to the Liked Songs. I was very happy when this happened.

But even if you don't add this back, it would be extreamly helpful to have a menu option added where you can add all the songs in an album to the Liked Songs list.

lemonbottle
Casual Listener

@Thavth you can do this already. Click the ... icon when viewing an album.

andzayn
Casual Listener

Exactly why I'm furious, it's basically Facebook-ized my entire music library. I don't care about Liked Songs, I had a very carefully curated list of Albums and Saved Songs, even Playlists, and they completely changed the behaviour of the entire platform to cater to people who follow their friends and 'Like Songs' with their annoying heart icon.  This is a platform to listen to music. 

JustWannaPlay
Casual Listener

Your saved songs will now appear in a playlist called Liked Songs, as you mention.

From now on, saving an album won’t automatically save the songs within that album but an entire album that will show up under Your Library > Music > Albums.

Just saying... this is stupid.  It could be worded more like this...

Saved songs will appear in a playlist called Liked Songs....  unless you save the album.  In that case then you've got to go through a 3 step process to add each specific song to your liked songs...  because a majority of our users want to use their mobile device space to save and download albums without them being easily listened to.  

Without the sarcasm, I can see where someone might want to "save" an album without adding the whole thing to "liked songs".  It really makes no sense though that if I download the album to my device that I've got to go another step to be able to then play it.  

Thavth
Casual Listener

@lemmonbottle There is no opotion to add all the songs when clicking ... when viewing the album. There is "Save to Your library", but this only saves the album. It does not add all the songs to the "Liked Songs" list.

kobbelfish
Casual Listener

Okay so i have been testing Apple Music for a week now.

(I also tested youtube music, deezer and tidal: but these all work like spotify now)

Apple Music works perfect. Its pretty sluggish (on PC and Android) but song management works 95% the same as spotify before this stupid update.

Honestly, don't stick to a service that you can swap in 10 minutes. And what's more, you'll get 3 months free!

Ciao Spotify, you won't be missed. I grew too many grey hair because of you.

llmerritt1
Regular

BRAVO!! I will be looking into this and highly likely I will tell Spotify to kiss off. Nothing but BS. 

AnimalPuff
Regular

It will feel weird trying an Apple app on an Android, but I think I'll get over it quickly if I like it enough. Thanks for the tip

SUGGESTED POSTS