New Liked Songs and Saved Albums problem

Re: New Liked Songs and Saved Albums problem

dgresch
Casual Listener

You're supposed to beta test new "features" before implementing them. Often, companies listen to their communities to get an idea of what they want. Take note. Terrible update.

datfenristho
Music Fan

Yet another glaring issue with the june update. Wish spotify would admit they effed up already.

helous1212

Hi, please I have 30.000 songs saved and now it's off, I always have an Itunes library and then I pass all the songs to Spotify with saved songs, where is it? Thank you

Wolve17
Visitor

Why would you change something no asked to be changed? Obviously no one is happy about your recent updates. I understand change happens but when it affects your user base you should listen instead of giving work arounds on what we were able to once do with out questions.

GV94
Visitor

Hello I found a temporary  solution , after you have downloaded the song go to your album section and a little heart will be next to it a this will put the whole album in your new playlist that spotify did with this update  called liked songs 

Oh yeah and spotify,  you should give us the option of having the two diffrent playlist,such as liked songs and saved songs 

RoamingGnome451
Casual Listener

I can't stress how terrible this change is for me. I actually thought it was a bug at first and I had lost the ability to add albums to my library. Now I have to individually add songs to this "liked playlist" I can't save entire albums and then shuffle through all the music in my library unless I curate this playlist! If I wanted to go through the trouble of curating a playlist I would have before. This is an absolutely frustrating change for me. If I want to add an entire album in order to the playlist I have to go backwards through the album one song at a time "liking" them even if I already have the album downloaded! Just let me shuffle all my music I have saved like before. Why can't I "like" and album and have it show up in the playlist in the correct order? Why do I have to do it one at a time now when I didn't before?? It feels like features have been stripped away from me and it's terribly frustrating. Can I re-order songs in the playlist or is unliking them and then liking them again the only way to change the order? I'm a bit upset about this.

JayKabel

This is MUCH WORSE and much more work than the old way!

kvasconcellos
Visitor

Agreed that this new update is awful and completely un-intuitive, but on desktop there is a workaround to like all songs in an album. If you click a song, then hit command + A (control on PC) it will highlight all songs. Right click, and a menu pops up. It includes an option to like all songs

peterwrote

I think the best behavior would be: if you save an entire album, all songs should be added to 'Liked Songs'

SpotABug
Regular

"I think the best behavior would be: if you save an entire album, all songs should be added to 'Liked Songs'"

That WAS the default behavior, until Spotify thought they would "improve" things.  I swear, we should all give Spotify a deadline by which to revert to the old design, or give an ETA, and if they don't meet it, mass cancel.  I've heard complaints from people without even bringing it up in conversation, people who preached Spotify in the past.  They are ticking off a lot of customers.

SUGGESTED POSTS