New Liked Songs and Saved Albums problem

Re: New Liked Songs and Saved Albums problem [FIX]

llmerritt1
Regular

we, as paying customers of spotify, should NOT have to fix this ourselves!  Instead, Spotify should return to previous (AND well-liked, easy to use) version.

Re: New Liked Songs and Saved Albums problem [FIX]

lemonbottle
Casual Listener

Spotify doesn't care about it's users having a good experience. They care about their advertisers and the companies that buy the user data. That's why they design the platform for maximum use-time and NOT convenience/ease-of-use.

Re: New Liked Songs and Saved Albums problem

llmerritt1
Regular

I think they've heard from so many of us, one would think something has to give, but then again...  Anyway, I just sent this to them (attached); it covers 3 different discussion forums where I noticed there weren't many customers on board with this update at all.

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 4.01.31 PM.png

bayleelois
Casual Listener

My main issues was that I wanted to clear out my liked songs, but didn't want to unsave them to my library. I was able to clear out all of my liked songs to start over and it didn't mess with my library. I can still see all of my saved albums and artists. 

I make a ton of playlists and thats how I normally listen to my music, so I wasn't too worried if the songs deleted from my library, I just didn't want them to mess with the playlists I had already made (but it didn't so we're all good). Other than that, I like the liked songs feature, I just wish they would bring back the option to shuffle all songs in your library like they had before. They still have the Albums and Artists options, but not the Songs option anymore. That would be the one thing that I would want fixed.

kobbelfish
Casual Listener

I am currently testing other streaming services and logged into youtube music, tidal and deezer. I always encountered the same issue. saving an album brings said songs into the album category, not in the songs category, so it's impossible to shuffle all songs and deleting a song in the song category doesn't erase it in the album. In short, there is no link between sections and that sucks! same new track management as spotify.

I finally tested APPLE MUSIC and i think I found my solace! I'll give you the full results shortly.

Pretty weird though to install apple on an android. makes me feel all funny

pinksteady
Regular

Yes Apple Music has a strong adherence to the concept of a personal library, which is great. It has plenty of flaws though so be careful of falling into the trap of thinking any particular service is going to answer all your troubles! They are all flawed :)

serhatdaldal
Visitor

Hello dear, i am a premium member, so i pay every month. Why i have to spend my time to arrange this? If i save the songs, i would like to play them as saved songs randomly, why i have to go to albums, than click somewhere “...” and bla bla bla!!! Please explain me in a logical way!

tsp
Casual Listener

I was a happy premium subscriber for 3+ years. 

The recent update(s) completely messed with my favorites list. The way how I used Spotify was like this:

- Add all albums that are interesting to me to my library

- Listen to these albums using the "Albums" tab

- Mark the tracks I really like as favorites

I could then play the favorites playlist and always had music that I really liked. I loved Spotify and recommended it to a lot of people who also became subscribers.

After a recent upgrade I know found 1000s of tracks added to my favorites list. Seems like you added all the tracks of every album in my library to it. This essentially means that I lost my favorites list, because there is no way I can seperate the liked songs from all the songs you automatically put in there because I added the albums that include these tracks to my library.

How can you make such a change. Don’t you do UX tests? Really, this is becond me how something like this can happen!

I am evaluating Apple Music now. I don’t think they would do such a drastic change that leads to a data loss of such dimensions. Data loss as in data polution which in my case is the same—I can no longer play my favorite music because of your changes.

I am holding off on my Spotify premium subscription for a bit, hoping that you give me a way to remove these songs that you without my will put into my liked songs playlist. But I am not very optimistic. Seems like we have to split ways Spotify.

pd1220

Am I only one without the issue?

Or is it because I sign up/install app after this new update with "Liked songs" playlist?

I seem to be able to save bunch of albums I'm interested in. They show up in Albums tab of My Music. But nothing is added to my Liked Songs playlist unless I like individual songs by pressing the ❤️ icon.

AnimalPuff
Regular

You might have picked it up after the change. Users who have had it longer are upset that they messed with the ways to build your library. You basically can't have a Songs tab anymore, to see all the songs you've added as opposed to just the ones you've given a heart to. This also has the problem of adding your entire saved library from before this change into what was your favorite songs playlist.

SUGGESTED POSTS