Plan

Premium

Country

Uk

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20

Operating System

My Question or Issue

When I play something from a playlist the shuffle button has disappeared from the now playing. However once I press the big green triangle play button with the shuffle icon I can't turn it off. If I press it again it just jumps to a new track.

13 Replies

Hey @rawcane,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

We'd suggest you restart the device and then log out and log back in again. Does that make a difference?

It's also a good idea to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

In case nothing changes, could you share with us a video recording of what you're seeing? We'll also need the exact Spotify version that is running on your device. We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi I tried restart and reinstall but still happening. The spotify version is 8.6.40.929

I can't get my video down below 5mb to attach here. Is there another way to share it?

Hi there @rawcane

Thanks for getting back to us. 

No worries, you can attach the screen recording to your next reply by clicking on the video camera icon in the post editor. If it's too big, you can upload it to another platform and send us the link.

On another note, the green Play button is for playing the playlist in Shuffle, but if you tap it again it won't disable the feature. You can play your playlist in order tapping on any song in the playlist instead of using the green Play button.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I don't see a video icon just an image.  Or the browse files upload but 5mb is the limit. So I discovered that it's only release radar and discover weekly where the shuffle button disappears from the now playing, not my own playlists. However on my playlists the big green button still doesn't toggle as a pause button in the same way as on albums. Not sure if there is a good reason for this inconsistent behaviour.

Hey @rawcane

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Just to clarify, the green Play button doesn't work as a Pause button.

Also, we can confirm that the Shuffle icon is not available in Discover Weekly and Release Radar. If you want to play those playlists in order, you can disable Shuffle while playing something else (such as an own playlist) and then tapping on the first song of your Discover Weekly or Release Radar.

If you have any questions, just let us know.

Cheers!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi ok so I would argue this is confusing and inconsistent behaviour ie being able to turn shuffle on for release radar even though the button is not available, then *not* being able to turn it off unless one goes to another lisr or album. Can this be reviewed and made to work in a more consistent way?

Ps and the big green button does seem to work as a pause button when playing from albums just not from playlists which is also inconsistent.

Hey there @rawcane,

Thanks for your feedback.

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. 

If you have a suggestion on how to improve the design or functionality of the app, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator

So this isn't really an idea it is just reporting incorrect behaviour with a new feature. I can't return reliably turn off shuffle on Release Radar. This is really annoying and inconsistent with other playlists.

In fact it has changed since I first reported it. Now I can't turn it off at all. The big green button does not toggle this any more. And the shuffle button still doesn't appear. So I can't turn it off. This means I might miss tracks on my release radar as I can't keep track of where it is. Please be aware this playlist is the main reason I pay for Spotify

Hey there @rawcane,

Thanks for getting back to us.

On Release Radar  on Mobile you should be able to just click the first track of the playlist (not pressing the green Play button) - this will start the songs in the playlist one after the other. 

If that doesn't work and the list keeps getting shuffled, please record a video of this and add it to your next reply. You can add it as a link to an external video platform if it's too big.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

I cannot either turn the suffle off, and it is verya annoying. I have long playlists and I used to know from the music how long I have worked. I have a premium via family.

Hey @vanni-474!

Could you let us know the following:

• Your device's make, model and OS version.
  • The version of Spotify you're running.
  • The troubleshooting you've done so far, so we avoid repeating the steps.

Just to double-check, are you unable to toggle off the shuffle button, or does it automatically toggle on when you launch the app? A short video which shows how things look on your end would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts